Recent content by hoodlum

1. H

Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

It looks like BMW has gone even further with "Economy Car" for the new X3. We will need to wait for more detailed reviews but this looks like a further step back from the current X3 from an premium interior perspective. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a60489883/2025-bmw-x3-prototype-drive/
  2. H

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

For the past few years Mazda has transitioned to a more gradual implementation of updates, rather than the traditional refresh in the 4th year of a new vehicle. I would expect that to continue.
  3. H

Mazda did mention this in a recent interview. https://www.autoguide.com/auto/manufacturers/mazda/mazda-s-turbo-inline-six-will-get-more-powerful-44609482 “in terms of performance, these inline six-cylinder engines are obviously a first for us. This is just the first step. Expect more to come...
  4. H

CX-70 debut information, pictures, discussion

Mazda US really screwed up with this approach. The CX-70 is $1k cheaper than than the CX-90 in the Canada. I guess the US can expect a $1k price drop on the CX-70 next year.
  5. H

I would expect Mazda to help resolve that issue. The bigger problem is that Mazda US will have a communications nightmare once existing CX-90 customers find out their vehicle just dropped in price and will likely continue at this price for the 2025 model year. I have never seen this outside of...
  6. H

It looks like the CX-70 is $1k cheaper across all trims in Canada. The CX-70 GS-L does cost $450 more but that now comes standard with the Moonroof which required an add-on package with the CX-90 GS-L.
  7. H

Interesting. Now the CX-70 prices are showing that the CX-90 was overpriced in the US. Mazda must have a very large margin on the CX-90.
  8. H

Initial production will be for the top trims, similar to what occurred with the CX-90. https://www.autoguide.com/auto/manufacturers/mazda/mazda-confirms-both-power-levels-for-2025-cx-70-inline-six-model-44609464
  9. H

The fuel economy rating of the CX-70 matches exactly to the CX-90. There is no difference and is not surprising since they are essentially the same vehicle.
  10. H

Government of Canada has posted fuel economy ratings for both inline-6 models (PHEV not available yet). They are exactly the same as the CX-90 fuel economy, so there is no appreciable weight savings. https://fcr-ccc.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/en
  11. H

I doubt that there will be much price difference. I could also see some differences between the trims for the CX-70 and CX-90 so a direct compare will be difficult to make. It could then come down to what options you need and which trims for each of the CX-70/90 have those options and what...
  12. H

Australia has a target of only 150 CX-90 sales monthly and I would expect the CX-70 sales to be even less. If Mazda can justify a left hand version only for Australia then they can bring over the CX-60 for the US...
  13. H

Mazda Australia has 1/4 the sales volume of Mazda North America and Australia is getting the CX-60, CX-70, CX-80 and CX-90. And Australia is the only right hand drive market for the CX-70 and CX-90. So we could have had the CX-60 if Mazda US asked for it. It will be interesting to see the...
  14. H

That number could be for North America. Mazda has said they planned on selling 2.5 - 3x the volume of the CX-9. That was from over a year ago.
  15. H

Mazda was projecting 90,000 sales for the CX-90 and 30,000 for the CX-70. Mazda never positioned the CX-70 as a volume seller.
Back