Recent content by hli

1. H

SRI Install questions

Installation is simple, you take out the existing elbow and connect the SRI up to the throttle body, and install the Maf into the SRI housing. CS has good documentation if you need more details on installing. Hate to break it to you but you'll get no net power gains nor MPG increases from a...
  2. H

Mazda 2 - rear right indicator stuck on; how hard is it to replace the relay?

It should be the relay. I'm not sure where, but the user manual should say. My guess is its one of the ones in the engine bay box.
  3. H

A/T tyres

I was lowered on 185/65 snows and the car did fine, so rubbing shouldn't be an issue. I don't think gearing will be a huge issue either. As you said, its only 7 percent or so.
  4. H

More shock travel

What spring rate are they running and how heavy are their cars? 8k/450lb springs are pretty aggressive for a 2300lb car, whereas 8k springs on something like a 3500lb evo would be probably only a little stiffer than stock. Also from that picture, your rear shocks are set pretty damn low. Are...
  5. H

More shock travel

Unless you go with a lower spring rate and valve to match, I don't think what you are experiencing is going to improve. Raising the ride height is not going to give you any more travel. You will get more compliance on the street with something like 4k springs front and rear and that will solve...
  6. H

More shock travel

I currently am running the same setup with 8k swift springs in the front and their standard 8k in the rear. I have no issues over gradual elevation changes but I do have the same issues over large potholes or very uneven terrain. What are your rebound damping settings at? I find if I go over...
  7. H

More shock travel

It should not affect ride quality unless you are bottoming out/hitting the bumpstops. If bumps are a major issue where you're starting to skip around, you should probably look at a lower spring rate and revalving the shock to that rate. If you are not having these issues at the track but only...
  8. H

Skeletonized key

The transponder needs to be within 2cm or so of the plastic ring around the key insertion point on the steering column. There's no harm in trying; the car just won't start if it doesn't detect the transponder.
  9. H

Mazda2 excessive vibration on cold start

I would agree on this statemen . Bad engine mounts will be consistent. However, try opening the hood and while sitting in the car and moving from park to reverse to drive, see of you can notice excessive engine rocking. If not, your mounts should be fine and I'd look elsewhere. Also, I don't...
  10. H

WTB/WTTF: Mazda 2 springs/coilovers

I currently have a set of CorkSport springs/shocks for the Mazda 2, but I'm looking for a set of racing beat springs or similar with less drop than the CS set but is still stiffer than stock. I would be interested in a coilover setup as well. Let me know what you have; I would be willing to...
  11. H

Intermittent AC Clutch and P0300

Those two different issues should be isolated. P0300 points to a misfire, so it may be coils, injectors, etc. The A/C working intermittently might be the clutch going out, or maybe the condenser temperature sensor. The sensor can be reached from the passenger footwel panel; I'd try sticking...
  12. H

Clunk / creek / rattle in front end after lowering.

Your springs, if installed correctly, absolutely should not be able to be spun by hand. They should be under compression. Check the nut at the top of the strut in the engine bay and make sure its tight.
  13. H

Improve low RPM throttle lag and throttle linearity (quick and easily reversible)

I believe all of these throttle controllers do the same thing; they plug in between the throttle position sensor in the pedal and the ecu and trick the ecu into thinking the pedal is pressed down more than it actually i . It makes the car feel livlier, but destroys throttle linearity and doesn't...
  14. H

Improve low RPM throttle lag and throttle linearity (quick and easily reversible)

If you do it from idle, is it lag free as well? I noticed you set off from 1.5k RPM.
  15. H

The lag is definitely coded in somehow, not due to physical limitations. Its an environmentally friendly type deal; its more efficient to gradually apply the gas and for revs to hang on a little after you let go of the gas pedal. I have a OBD II scanner, so no biggie on the CEL. Oh well, back...
Back