Recent content by haze5736

1. H

HELP! Grinding noise from front end 2009 Mazda Demio

Thanks for the update. It is good to know the engine mounts are something to look at when experiencing an odd noise from the front end. That was extremely low km's for such a failure. How were you able to figure out the engine mounts were the problem?
  2. H

2011 Mazda2 Inner Tie rod end

The procedure in the service manual states to drop the cross member to get the steering rack out. Does anyone know, from experience, if it is possible to get the steering rack out without dropping the cross member?
  3. H

Is it safe to drill under the seat?

The gas tank is under the rear seat. There is an access panel for the fuel pump under the seat. The only way to really know is to figure out where you want to mount the accessory and get a good idea of where the fasteners will be. Find some reference points and measure things. Things like bolts...
  4. InnerTieRodRemove.JPG

InnerTieRodRemove.JPG

5. H

Well...I couldn't find the inner tie rod end procedure on its own in the FSM because the steering rack needs to come out to perform the service. Unless you are lucky enough to have flats on the tie rod end. UGH! This was supposed to be a quick Friday evening project. I need to remove the...
  6. H

Replacing inner tie rods is generally a fairly simple task. As long as you have the inner tie rod end tool. I have the tool, however the inner tie rod ends that are on the vehicle now do not have any flats for the tool to grab onto. It is completely round. My replacements, not OEM, have 2 flats...
  7. H

2011 - ABS light blinking

Problem solved. I repaired the wires and no more abs light.
  8. H

2011 Mazda2, how to replace oil pan

I need to do this soon. It seems pretty simple. Drain the oil, drop the pan, use gasket sealer, re-install, done. Am I missing anything?
  9. H

WTB - Rear Package Tray

Does anyone have a rear package tray for a Mazda 2? I'm assuming they are the same for 2011 through 2014. i have a 2011. I'm also assuming there is only one color choice. I have never seen color options when looking at Mazda parts sites. There are no Mazda 2s in the junk yards around here. Thanks.
  10. H

Rust Issues with 2011-2014 Mazda2?

Well, there you have it. First rusty bolt snapped last night. I was trying to remove the bolts from the rear seat. Specifically the center bolts. The one toward the rear of the car. I snapped the nut welded to the under-body free. Not the worst case scenario. I'll be able to secure the nut and...
  11. H

2011 - ABS light blinking

Does the 2 have an airbag near or above the rear door or in the pillar? I found 2 wires chewed through that go up to a loom or wire covering that is yellow. Yellow usually indicates airbags. Not only was the wire chewed through, there is about 6-8 inches of wire missing. This is my first...
  12. H

What is this indicator light?

Pressing and turning the knob had no affect on the light. Can someone with a 2 confirm that theirs is either on or not on?
  13. H

I'm guessing it is a low fuel indicator and putting it up on ramps and tilting the vehicle caused a low fuel condition. The fuel level is low. But I would like if someone can confirm it is a low fuel indicator so I don't ignore something else. I also find it odd that it doesn't turn off when the...
  14. H

Rust Issues with 2011-2014 Mazda2?

My first choice was a Honda Fit. But I wanted a 2007/2008 so availability was poor. Having driven both cars in the same week I would say the Fit was a little more fun to drive. I feel it had better acceleration and was just a little smoother at higher revs. I'm not into taking corners fast so I...
  15. H

Can anyone tell me what the white indicator light mean that looks like a gauge with the needle at 0? It is shown on page 5 of the Smart Start Guide but it is not described in the glossary. Mine just came on today and won't turn off. The car has been sitting for close to an hour with the windows...
Back