Recent content by gobroncos

1. G

2023 CX-5 Wireless Qi Charging Pad cooking the phone instead of charging

From what I’ve read, it’s not specific to Mazda: See this 9to5Mac article
  2. G

2021 CX-5 GTR No Heated Side Mirrors!?

Not sure you would see any difference with just rain. I don’t know if they get that hot.
  3. G

2021 CX-5 GTR No Heated Side Mirrors!?

Are you sure? The Mazda USA website says: I think they come on when the front defroster is turned on. EDIT: Actually, they come on when the rear window defogger is turned on.
  4. G

Leaking (2018 CX-5 Touring)

One of the results when I google “mazda dsa goodwill” is a link to a BMW document that identifies DSA as dealer self authorized. So maybe that’s what it means for Mazda also?
  5. G

Dumb Key Situation

I know you said the walkaway locking doesn’t happen, but Just to make sure the key is not on you somewhere, you could change clothes and see if the car still starts without carrying the other key, or have someone else get in the car and try to start it while you are far away from it. edit: I...
  6. G

Engine braking while coasting

I don’t think it’s excessive, or particularly more than other cars. I actually wish it would do more engine braking when downshifting in manual mode. My 2010 Mazda 3 (which the CX-5 replaced) had pretty significant engine braking in that scenario. It was kind of fun to see how long I could stay...
  7. G

LED headlights and DRLs, not what I expected

No, as soon as you start moving a few miles an hour DRL’s will come on.
  8. G

LED headlights and DRLs, not what I expected

The only way to get that look on the US models is to disable the DRL feature then turn the headlight switch to the “parking lights” position.
  9. G

2020 CX-5, way to disable "Engine Harmonics Enhancer" (Fake Engine Noise)?

I am pretty sure the sentence quoted by the OP is referring to three different enhancements: 1. Engine harmonics enhancer (“...a new Engine Harmonics Enhancer that tunes to the engine with a much more refined and powerful sound.”) 2. Increased maximum torque (“...on premium (93 octane) fuel the...
  10. G

Speedometer Dashlight Pulsing Off and On

The breathing effect is mentioned towards the end of this thread: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/2017-cx-5-dashboard-speedometer-and-tachometer.123863339/ Everyone on that thread that lists their CX-5 model has 2017 or newer though. I’m just guessing the 2016 does it also.
  11. G

Speedometer Dashlight Pulsing Off and On

The pulsing/breathing effect of the speedo light is a feature. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed it before. I thought I remembered some official documentation about it from Mazda, but I tried googling a couple different things and I didn’t find it anywhere. There’s at least one other thread...
  12. G

Radar Cruise Control

I think it uses the camera under 20 mph. Was your camera blocked by snow or ice on the outside of the windshield, or condensation on the inside?
  13. G

Question on radar cruise

The manual for my 2017 says *...headway control will resume when you resume driving the vehicle such as by pressing the RES switch.* I use MRCC with stop and go frequently and my experience matches this. If the vehicle comes to a complete stop for more than a very brief amount of time (maybe a...
  14. G

2017~2024 Body damage repair & soul red crystal metallic paint

Not sure about the hood, but you will almost certainly need to replace the snout as you call it. It is all plastic, and if there are any scratches, it cannot be repaired. My 2017 GT soul red was slightly rear-ended by someone in December, just enough to scratch the back bumper panel. It had to...
  15. G

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ PP vs 2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury

I'm sure everyone's wondering "Why would you be comparing those two, they're completely different vehicles targeted at completely different audiences"? Well, my CX-5 is at the body shop (rear-ended just hard enough to mess up the bumper cover and loosen one of the reflectors). The insurance...
Back