Recent content by Gabe710

1. G

College Student First Car Build

Nah ima cut the springs
  2. G

My wife already asked HAHA i told her let the warranty run out then we can look at swapping it
  3. G

CorkSport CX-5 Axleback Exhaust stock

Please do! I quickly glanced and they looked the same. The car sounds good already IMO but the axleback would open it up just that little bit
  4. G

Hello all! Nothing to really update on P5. New turbo is also blown but ima try a restrictor or something. But the Sonata my wife and I had that got us through college finally did its Hyundai thing and s*** itself. Currently at Hyundai trying to get the motor warrantied. But in the meantime...
  5. G

CorkSport CX-5 Axleback Exhaust stock

Hey, @CorkSport will the current axle-back fit the 2022 CX5?
  6. G

Well the car is finally (mostly) together. Took it on its first test drive and within 1/4 a mile i blew off a coupler which i knew would as I didn't have a tbolt on it. Car sounds horrendous with just the open downpipe but I should be getting that welded tomorrow. Few plans changes: - Couldn't...
  7. G

Anotha update. We are moving this week so car has to be drivable in the next month lol Got the stock turbo in. Just ordered a solution for the oil drain I think will work. Now the EGR isn't lining up lol its bad. I'll upload pics later. The 2 bolts everyone bitches about with the manifold...
  8. G

Well first off, huge change of plans. The CX turbo has been more of a headache than its been worth. I have a buddy/old coworker who looked at it today and basically its shittier than I thought. The wastegate isn't fitting so today while picking up a new bumper I ended up with another lip and...
  9. G

Backz againz. Went down and visited Philip to grab some shorter hardware that'll end up coming in handy on the downpipe instead of the manifold but if it works it works. Had to trim off a little bit of the wastegate bracket but everything looks solid. A bracket for the transmission also needs...
  10. G

A little more progress. While talking to a friend I noticed that the turbo was not clocked as I previously thought. So I clocked it the other night and now the wastegate doesn't fit at all. I'm heading down to 323's in a few weeks and I'm going to see if I can get stock wastegate to fit and...
  11. G

I'm loving air so far! 20gal tank made cutting kinda annoying, but expected with it constantly using air. I'm going to get some impacts and stuff in the next while (as I need them honestly) but so far loving them! As for the Cleaveland V8 I might have to look into them! my dad has a Galaxie in...
  12. G

Turbo Replacement

Actually not on the car yet. Car has been down about 2 months while I juggle life lol I'm heading down to @323's in a few weeks in order to use his spare engine for fitment and to pick up some parts. No real supporting mods, my turbo and manifold were done. (blown oil seals and manifold was...
  13. G

Turbo Replacement

CX Racing 2860 Dual Ball Bearing is what I've gone with. Seems to be the easiest and a Garrett clone. I had to clock it and I'm running into Wastegate Fitment issues but nothing crazy so far
  14. G

Slowly but surely making progress. Most LEDs are installed but I broke the side marker trying to get it out so trip to pick a part is in order. Also realized a 4.5in angle grinder wouldn't be the best idea to cut the ac bracket so I got an air compressor and 3in angle grinder. I wanted the...
  15. G

Finally some progress other than disassembly. Got off at 6 and stayed out in the garage until 1 lol Finally installed the filled motor mounts Philip gave me years ago Got the bracket that holds the stock downpipe Got the exhaust studs installed. It honestly took me about 2 hours to just clean...
Back