Recent content by DennisT

1. D

What "mode" for snow/ice? TCS or... (2019 CX-5)

Thank you. Advice happily accepted.
  2. D

What "mode" for snow/ice? TCS or... (2019 CX-5)

I remember seeing something here a while back but can't remember the replies. My wife will be driving our 2019 CX-5 some tomorrow in snowy/rainy conditions. I know under the lower, left edge of the instrument panel, (left of steering wheel), there are 2 buttons. One turns off "TCS" and the...
  3. D

2019 CX-5 33K miles. Red "teapot" oil lite came on, then CEL…Now all off

Called dealer this morning and told him our CX-5 cleared it's own code. No CEL on at all now. Dealer said we didn't need to bring it in. If code returns, different matter. I think it's a coincidence that this happened 2 days after their LOF. A year ago when the did LOF and washed the car...
  4. D

Thanks, everyone. I'll call the dealership tomorrow, Monday, morning, and tell them the lights went off. I have a good hunch they'll still tell me to come in to check code history on my Tuesday appointment. It's a fine idea, except for the 170 mile round trip.....when I have nothing else to...
  5. D

Last Monday I had dealer do LOF service at 33,000 mi. Two days later while drifting into our little local town, the red oil pressure light came on. (Red "teapot") Right after the Check Engine amber light came on. Then teapot went off. Stopped; checked oil. Up full. Called dealer which is...
  6. D

2019 CX-5 Folding side mirror when locking; LS stopped fully folding. Tips?

Thanks. Missed that....again... So Unobtainiam said, Switch the ignition ON. If the power window lock switch is in the unlock position, switch it to the lock position. Press and hold the front passenger's power window switch and rear left/right power window switches on the driver's door at...
  7. D

2019 CX-5 Folding side mirror when locking; LS stopped fully folding. Tips?

Please remind me how to turn them off........... Off in winter seems like a good idea.
  8. D

2019 CX-5 Non-turbo: Source for Mazda oil and filters other than dealer?

Good thread; thanks to all. Here's my position: Our 2019 CX-5 has yet to hit 30,000 miles. We have other cars to drive, so it's use is for longer trips, etc. We are retired so that helps, (except financially!!!!) I expect to drop my dealer for service work, and he's a 160 mile round trip...
  9. D

Thank you all. Oh. LOF is an old, common way of saying, "lube, oil, filter." Began back when most rigs still had a lot of zerk grease fittings to, "lubed," with a grease gun.
  10. D

Thank you. Called my Mazda dealer this afternoon....figured I'd get one more LOF from them. Now the $70 service is $90. I guess I'm now done with the dealer. Foothills Mazda, Spokane, WA
  11. D

Guess that says it: Our Spokane dealer just raised LOF service from about $70 to $90. Time to go elsewhere. Am thinking of using genuine Mazda oil filters, - any tips for sources or am I stuck with dealer??? Same question for motor oil. Search didn't bring up what I was looking for...
  12. D

2019 CX-5 Differentials: Do they have drain plugs?

Ahh. I thought that might be it. Dodge pickup rear ends are a bit touchy that way.
  13. D

Thanks guys.... erhayes: what do you mean by, "...a guide on levels, etc."? My plan all along since we got this car NEW, was to stay with the dealer's $70 LOF, tire rotation and car wash until the 3-yr. BtoB Warranty had expired. Then, move to independent mechanic here. Three years have...
  14. D

I'm coming up on 30,000 miles on our 2019 CX-5. Dealer says we need to have them do a brake fluid flush and replace fluid in both differentials. For a mere $750.00 before taxes. Ha. Most here say neither is required at all per Mazda. Is IT? Through the years many have suggested changing...
Back