Recent content by CX_MCHNE

1. CX_MCHNE

CorkSport CX-5 Axleback Exhaust stock

Submitted my order before start of business on day 1. Got this back a couple hours later (emphasis mine): I'd asked earlier this year to backorder but CS said they weren't taking backorders for it because: And: What did I do wrong?
  2. CX_MCHNE

2 days! champ, champ, champ....
  3. CX_MCHNE

Wondering if August is still looking good? Champing at the bit here.
  4. CX_MCHNE

Show me your wheels

Painted the center caps silver. Made a bigger impact than I expected :devilish: Also added 20mm spacers in the back NOW I'm ready to pick up the kids from daycare.
  5. 20210716_171807_HDR.jpg

20210716_171807_HDR.jpg

6. centercaps.jpg

centercaps.jpg

7. CX_MCHNE

2017~2022 Installing front CX-5 sway bar, what to do with steering?

Had to figure out disconnecting the steering shaft from the rack, and the exhaust at the flex pipe, but I finally was able to get the front subframe to come down enough I could swap out the stabilizer. Man, what a pita, but I'm one step closer to having the sportiest cuv in the world!
  8. CX_MCHNE

Yeah, I've got the rear installed and want more flat. Went ahead and lowered the back of the subframe but I can't for the life of me snake the stock bar out. If I can't figure it out today I'm gonna have to just give up on it.
  9. CX_MCHNE

I'm putting a hardrace front sway bar on my '19 CX-5 GTR. Lowering the rear of the front subframe looks like a must. I can see that the steering rack is going to come along with the subframe. Is it okay for me to lower the rack a couple/few inches? I assume I shouldn't touch the wheels or...
  10. CX_MCHNE

Show me your wheels

Ok, installed: 20x8.5et45 FLOW ONE Race Spec F5 wheels + Michelin 255/45R20 pilot sport 4S, Eibach springs Why these wheels? I like Japanese motorsport style, 5/6/7-spoke, 2/3-piece designs. But I wanted to go bigger than 19in, and get something lightweight. To do all that was going to...
  11. CX_MCHNE

Show me your wheels

Goin' on tomorrow:
  12. 20210630_142608_HDR.jpg

20210630_142608_HDR.jpg

13. CX_MCHNE

Largest tire size for the CX-5?

I thought this site was really handy, too: Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets By my measurements, stock parameters (edit: on the 19" GTR wheels) match those in the link.
  14. CX_MCHNE

Over-molded steering wheel grips?

It might make installation a little easier, but you don't have to. I didn't. And this goes on right over the existing cover, so def helps make it thicker. Do it.
  15. CX_MCHNE

Over-molded steering wheel grips?

Yeah, they say it's nappa leather. It feels great. Way better IMO than the stock leather wheel, which I thought felt thin and papery. I'm no longer envious of the wheel on the wife's Acura. The perforated leather feels a little less supple than the solid part. You can choose to do all...