Recent content by Cryptic78

1. C

CX-5 2.0L - P0304 P0171 - Help needed please

Linking images from Facebook. Hopefully this works. ## Differences between the two plugs ## The cost and part #PE5R-18-110
  2. C

You nailed it! The car came to me after new plugs were put in by another mechanic. I got another CX-5 to start testing/swapping parts. Started with coils, then plugs, and noticed a big difference in the plug type in the working CX-5. Plugs are $32 a piece at the dealer! Be careful...
  3. C

See if one being shut off has less effect than the others. Maybe another weak injector. Honestly just swapping the whole rail over from a known good car would be more definitive. I'm nervous about the Teflon seals getting ruined. It requires a special tool to put them back on supposedly...
  4. C

I think the timing being pulled is a result of all the knock. As I sweep the graph it starts at 43* and quickly drops. I don't have access to a smoke machine. I have capped the brake vacuum port and visually triple checked all the hoses. This car isn't very old and the hoses are in good shape...
  5. C

Car behaved the same with the rear O2 in free air. Car is completely stock. Just a daily driver for my G/F's Dad. I have access to another CX-5 (G/F's brother) but it's hard to align schedules. Everyone needs their car. This CX-5 has been in my driveway for a week now, while he drives our...
  6. C

ForScan gave me some new information. I could see the Commanded Fuel Pressure, which I could not see before. So I was able to verify that the Fuel Pressure at the Rail was always in line with the commanded. I also disconnected the rear O2 since it's actually in front (I know sounds weird) of...
  7. C

Installed ForScan for windows. Registered on site... waiting for approval.
  8. C

The harness is pretty tight to the motor. It's only a 2013. The connectors feel secure and look new. Unfortunately I cannot do some of the troubleshooting, like turning on and off injectors with HP Tuners. The manual for the SkyActiv-G says to use some "M-MDS" thing which I do not have access...
  9. C

You didn't read the whole thing sir. I moved #4 to #3 to see if the misfire moved with it. It did not. All 4 coils are replaced. New plugs New front o2 New #4 injector
  10. C

I have not, but would that effect drive-ability? Is the computer throwing more fuel at the cat because it's rich? Here's a snap shot of where it typically misses / hesitates: Engine RPM (SAE) 3,385 rpm Throttle Position (SAE) 32.2 % Timing Advance (SAE) 24.0 Mass Airflow (SAE) 37.0 g/s...
  11. C

Need some help troubleshooting a 2013 Mazda CX-5 2.0L w/130k miles Original problem: DTC P0304 – Cylinder 4 Misfire and sometimes a P0300 Symptoms:Misfires / hesitation under load only. Idles and rev's freely in park fine. Higher RPM driving seems OK too. Lower RPM with high load, bad...
Back