Recent content by congaree

1. C

Fighting with Mazda dealer over tranny drain/fill

Got the same exact thing from my dealer. Svc Manager told me it was a 'sealed lifetime system'. I told him it had a transmission fluid dipstick and he said he's have to talk to his service expert about it and would get back to me. Never did get back to me. They don't want to mess with it...
  2. C

2019 CX-5 Folding side mirror when locking; LS stopped fully folding. Tips?

Yeah, of course, the warranty just expired on the vehicle. The timing of that was kind of impressive. When i get a chance, I'll see what the dealer says.
  3. C

2019 CX-5 Folding side mirror when locking; LS stopped fully folding. Tips?

I just had this issue occur with my driver side mirror on my '19 CX-5 GTR. Mirror would only fold about 1/3 of the way when locked. I gently nudged it while locking so it would close all the way, then hit it with some WD-40. So far, it's returned to full function. Not sure if or how long...
  4. C

Air Filter for CX-5 2.5T motor?

I found these to be a perfect fit and excellent quality and great price. They absolutely do fit the Mazda 2.5T perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B2D48MY/
  5. C

How many miles on your CX-5 turbo?

Knocks on wood: I'm on 26K miles. Zero issues thus far. BTW, it's pretty well established that turbo charged engines simply do not last as long as NA engines due to the higher pressures increasing wear on the engine. That's not a Mazda thing, that's a turbo thing. I have no idea how to...
  6. C

Average MPG less than 20mpg, am I alone?

My take is that there is an issue with the car. Mine prints the exact EPA mileage advertised. Mostly around town driving, but some pure highway driving (78 mph cruise) about once per month. 23 city, 28 highway all day long.
  7. C

Guide NHTSA Mazda CX-5 TSB Listings/Brochures/Manuals

I wonder if anybody here has had that cracked rear differential issue. They appear to be recommending that you start the engine with the emergency parking brake off, which is contrary to what the owner manual states.
  8. C

Infotainment ver. 74.00.230A

I just discovered a minor issue with 74.00.230. My phone contacts and call history no longer upload over bluetooth. Everything works fine with AA, so it's not a big deal, but I often just used the bluetooth link to my phone when I wasn't doing longer trips. The contacts and call history...
  9. C

Infotainment ver. 74.00.230A

I just performed the update to 74.00.230. About 20 minutes (excluding 10 minutes prep) and it was done. Seems to work very well and haven't noticed any issues yet at a result of the upgrade. I did it primarily because of the Sirius XM issue where it can't find any stations sometimes...
  10. C

2.5 Turbo Engine Considerations

Yeah, I read that in the manual shortly after buying the car. Since the oil (which I believe is the only coolant fluid available to this turbo) is still pumped mechanically by the engine, it's not an option to keep fluid circulating after the engine is shut off. It would require a more...
  11. C

20,000 miles in a CX5 GT-R...

BTW, I found you're review is spot on with my experience thus far. Same model and year.
  12. C

20,000 miles in a CX5 GT-R...

Seems like with the number of miles you put on your car in the time you've owned it, an extended warranty would be one case where it makes sense.
  13. C

Battery life for key fob...How long does yours last?

Mine lasted about 13 months before I got the key battery low warning.
  14. C

Stuck in the snow? Don't do this!

I think there has to be something more that will come out about this tragedy. This doesn't make a lot of sense, based on what has been reported thus far.
  15. C

I thought bait & switch was gone, apparently Mark Mazda still does it

I agree with the general thrust of the approach taken by hal2. First, research and pick your price. Pay no attention to things like doc fees, etc. TTL is a fixed cost nobody has any control over, so ignore that as well. You only care about the bottom line price so focus exclusively on that...
Back