Recent content by combat

1. C

Mazda RX-4 in Road & Track Top 10 - 1975

Nostalgic! Road & Track 10 Best
  2. C

Rotary car/ pickup owner pictures?

Looks great, but the book is coming out any day now, so I will have to put the REPU image in the book's reprint. Please send me a private message with any special details of your truck (year, any mods made) and your name, which I can have printed under the picture if you wish. Thanks Mazda...
  3. C

Found this new Rotary book listing

(dance) From Cosmo To RX-8
  4. C

Rotary car/ pickup owner pictures?

I am looking to put some extra pics in the Mazda Rotary history book (Veloce Publishing) I am doing, before proofreading starts. If anyone has nice condition rides from R100 to RX8 and can send me high res images for use in the book, please PM me. Thx (^-^)
  5. C

Calling rotary Mazda owners?

For completeness I will formally state that I have now completed the Mazda book mentioning this website and containing some owner's cars from the forum. To encourage the publisher to process the book faster could you please email McFarland Publishing of North Carolina here...
  6. C

That's very kind of you PharmST, but the book has been completed and is with the publisher in the line to get published! Should come out next year. (hi)
  7. C

I am writing a rotary car history book for McFarland & Co. Inc. if anyone has a nice condition rotary Mazda (any model, R100 to RX-8) and has or could take some nice high resolution pics of their car (exterior, interior & engine bay) for the book, please send me a message. The car can be...
  8. C

'70s rides, decade of disaster or delight?

Since it's the '70s maybe that should be afternoon delight, lol? I think the decade had interesting cars, not just the rotaries. Which notable ones do you think came from that time? RX-5 & RX-7 Pacer
  9. C

DVD, VHS & Beta treasures?

With downloading on the rise, personal collections must now be at their peak, but which DVDs or VHS items in your collection do you particularly treasure? With the Wraith one is always winning, lol. Bohemian Rhapsody Mirthmobile Taiyo ni Hoero!
  10. C

Old skool speed

They say the recession has sparked interest in old rides as an investment. Which are your faves from the olden times?(burnout) RX7 1978-85 Firebird 6.6 liter
  11. C

Turbo absence

Emissions could be the main reason why fuel saving in America will only be via hybrid, it would be tough to clear even the latest generation of European turbo diesels. When aftermarket turbo kits were offered in the 70s & 80s it was often found that turbos cut hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides...
  12. C

Turbo absence

And the irony is that it was the front drive turbocharged Mazda 626 coupe that almost became Mustang IV back in 1989 model year. Just think, if that occured there would be no new V8 Mustangs!(angel) SVO Stang (Turbo 2.3 I4 175 bhp+)
  13. C

Turbo absence

...and a fortune was paid by Chrysler to lure Shelby (plus the use of the name) over to their camp. It was part of Chrysler's 80s revival. They did great things with their turbo I4s, it was a turnaround for a company best known for its V8 Hemis. Remember the 1986 film The Wraith? Or the TV show...
  14. C

Turbo absence

True, there are turbo cars in 2007, but it seems to be used (with the exception of the WRX & Evo Lancer) in an eccentric low boost support role. I can think of some cars that should have a turbo (RX8 & Honda S2000), rather than be high strung atmo cars. I am disappointed that the work of the...
  15. C

Turbo absence

Turbocharging seems to have become overlooked. As a high performance method it isn't used as much as it was in the 70s & 80s. Turbo Screamin Chicken
Back