Recent content by ChineyMan86

1. C

2016 GT wheels - clearcoat issue?

Update Mazda Canada won't do anything. I suggest if you see anything remotely similar to bring it up with your dealership while you're still under warranty. The one thing I didn't do on time and looks like I'll be paying for it. Looks like new wheels or maybe have the oems powder coated. Thanks!
  2. C

Thanks. Search just brings up Mazda 6 wheel issues. Have you seen this specifically on the CX-5 GT wheels? :cry: Hope Mazda Canada will help me fix this No caustic cleaners. I just go to the touchless carwashes at gas stations. You might be on the right track though, all the "frosted" patches...
  3. C

All 4 wheels are affected. Really? Service manager says he's never seen this problem before. I searched but couldnt find a thread on this problem. Anybody have direct link?
  4. C

Hi guys, I've come across an issue with my 2016 CX-5 GT and wanted to ask if anybody here have experienced the same. Certain parts of my wheels have frosted patches, kind of hard to describe but I've attached photos. The patches are completely smooth and same level as non frosted part of the...
  5. IMG_8677.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

6. IMG_8683.jpg

IMG_8683.jpg

7. IMG_8688.jpg

IMG_8688.jpg

8. IMG_8684.jpg

IMG_8684.jpg

9. C

2016 GT won't start

I'm leaning more towards alternator. They pulled the logs from the car that day and saw that the battery was ~12V and after 10 mins of driving it should have gone up to ~14V but it didn't. Battery tested perfect, and belt was fine. When the car was towed to the dealership, it started fine when...
  10. C

2016 GT won't start

Wet relays eh... Update: Mazda contacted the dealership and told them to drive it around for another day. Looks like they can't pinpoint the problem. Maybe I'll tell them to check the relays or just point them to that thread.
  11. C

2016 GT won't start

We have a 2016 CX-5 GT no tech (Canada, picked up Nov 2015). The girlfriend was driving home from work last Friday (Feb 19) and 5 km into her trip she called me and said "the alternator is dead". She explained that the cruise control light and wrench light turned off and then the radio went off...
  12. C

Mazda Side View Monitor

We're looking for something similar. I've seen an auto-tilt and autofold mirror module on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFqL24vbJW4 Once you put it into reverse, your side mirrors will tilt down so you can see the curb properly. Obviously the autofold feature will not work as it is...
  13. C

Dealer Mark up in Montreal, QC

I used unhaggle. These prices are based in ON, not sure if they're the same in QC. 2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD 4dr Auto GS MSRP: $31,245.00 Invoice: $29,115.00 I bought a 2016 GT couple of weeks ago and managed to get invoice + 1.5%. Be firm with what you offer and be prepared to walk.
Back