Recent content by ceric

1. ceric

I've tried 5 sets of ignition coils! 2020 CX-5

I won't buy/use any non-OE parts unless it is not powertrain related. Many fake parts online. Some even have fake Mazda packaging/labels. Even for parts like massive airflow sensor. My co-worker bought one online, which failed within 2 months.
  2. ceric

How much discount off MSRP on a 2024 CX-5 Turbo Premium AWD?

Actually, the profit margin is about 8-10% from invoice to MSRP. Adding, incentives and discounts (loyalty, military, etc.), 10% is possible before Covid. Now... I am not sure. During Covid, I did hard negotiation to buy one at MSRP. That was 01/2022.
  3. ceric

Dealers sure want that mad oil change money....

I turn off all maintenance checking on the first day I bought my Mazda. (all four of them). I go by mileage interval (5k oil change). Easy to remember. I don't need a car to tell me what to do. ;)
  4. ceric

Car Issues After Low Battery From Sitting A While (2016 CX-5)

The alternator generates 13.5v or so when it is running to charge your 12v battery (12.6v). The accessories on a vehicle draw current from the battery, which acts as a voltage stablizer/smoother. I don't see the need to charge a battery before installation unless it has been sitting for too...
  5. ceric

Car Issues After Low Battery From Sitting A While (2016 CX-5)

My guess is that, it still holds enough charges to supply current to drive the starter. However, the voltage is just low enough to cause all sorts of issues mentioned. Modern cars have all sorts of devices that are sensitive to voltage. When a battery gets old... the voltage drops. It should...
  6. ceric

How much discount off MSRP on a 2024 CX-5 Turbo Premium AWD?

wlong01, Replacing your '19 or getting an extra one? Well, depending on where you are located. Your negotiation power depends on how many CX-5s are sitting in their lots. I see a lot of CX5s in the dealership I frequent and bought mine from. MSRP days are long gone. Some dealers are still...
  7. ceric

Need retaining clip for roof rail cover (2016.5 CX-5)

If I were you, I would clean them, and glue them back on. My choice would be Gorilla Super Glue Gel
  8. 1713312751877.png

1713312751877.png

9. ceric

Touchscreen Phantom (2020 CX-5)

My '14 Mazda3 also got the ext warranty from Mazda on the display (random/ghost touch).
  10. ceric

New Member here, about to purchase CX-5

Have a '17 since new. 0 problem other than the GPS SD card went bad. Mixed driving. '17 is much quieter than the '16, heavier due to more isolation material used, and slower if you care about it.
  11. ceric

Tire suggestions for my 2016 CX-5?

Personally, I get on tirerack.com to do research first. Price/value, etc. summer or dry-wet or all-season depends on your need.
  12. ceric

Preventative Maintenance List for 10 year old / 150k mile CX-5

Water pump seems costly to replace on Mazdas. (lift up engine to get to it.... If I am not mistaken) Better skip it if there is no problem. I agree with wlong01. Without detailed maintenance records, I would replace all fluids. For others, I would replace them only if I see signs of issues.
  13. ceric

Custom ordering a Mazda (USA)

That was 1997, and it took more than one month (5-6 weeks if I recall) to arrive at the dealership I ordered from. My wife hand-picked special color combo...
  14. ceric

Custom ordering a Mazda (USA)

Accessories can also be installed by the dealer or yourself. I have not ordered a Mazda before. I did order a BMW 5 before. It did take a while to get to me. For Toyota, I did ask a salesman before. He ordered vehicles for the dealership. He said that he could order a vehicle exactly as what I...
Back