Recent content by cdaling

1. C

Remote Starter Question '19 GTR

Make sure you reply back with how it goes for you. I've got a compustar and it does this all the time. I tried having the dealer reflash the firmware of the remote start and it helped for bit but now it's back. Seems like I never get the error when testing the remote start when it's warm in the...
  2. C

Wheel size for second set

I'm in Alberta. 19" stock all seasons. I also bought my winters in 17". Much cheaper. To answer your other question - the dealer was happy to add the wheels/tires into the deal and include it in financing.
  3. C

Second Gen (2017 and up) CX-5 AA/ACP Installation Videos

I had trouble getting the left side lined up as well. With some patience, it worked well eventually. Definitely agree it's easier to start at the head unit with your wiring and work back. Avoids the issues people have had here trying to fish the wires up. Taking apart the console pieces wasn't...
  4. C

2017~2024 Installed Apple CarPlay. Street sign recognition doesnt work

It's a combination of actually reading signs and using the GPS nav data. It should read the signs if possible but if not it should use the NAV speed limits. Sounds like yours still isn't reading signs.
  5. C

2017~2024 Rear hatch opening by itself?

All I could see is that may have picked up your pop in the same hand as the keys? I've done this a number of times. Usually with the key in my pocket. I really wish there was a solution for it - the button is way too sensitive. I agree with previous posts that it could be a double button option...
  6. C

XM display song titles

I wish this was possible
  7. C

Possible glitch with the Lane-Keep Assist System

So you're pushing the info button and it's rotating through the screens? Which screens do you get?
  8. C

Possible glitch with the Lane-Keep Assist System

If you push info on your steering wheel, it will get rid of the Radar cruise error and go back to the standard info screen. Then just keep pushing the info button to scroll through the info screens from there to find the LKAS. I just tested it on my 2017 Canadian GT w/tech and it's there. As...
  9. C

5 things I hate...

That's not how mine works. The hatch button is for locking only. It won't unlock. From the manual: "All doors and the liftgate can be locked/unlocked by pressing the request switch on the front doors while the key is being carried. The request switch on the liftgate can only be used to lock all...
  10. C

5 things I hate...

Interesting thread. It really highlights how good the car is since most of the complaints are pretty small. If I were still considering a new CX5 (instead of already having one), this thread would be a great read. Here's my list: 1) Black plastic on the interior and on the pillars outside...
  11. C

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

Good to know. Clearly it's not a tempest in a teapot though or else so many others wouldn't be asking for it. I'll never understand why some thing their lack of interest in something means it's not a big deal to others. Read ANY car review about a recent Mazda and they will list "lack of AA/ACP"...
  12. C

Walk-Away Locking.. faulty or normal?

As stated previously, I use this all the time and love the feature. I'm pretty used to its quirks now but definitely agree that some things are strange. Best explanation I can give is that it needs all the doors closed so it can sense a key OUTSIDE the car and not auto-lock you out with your...
  13. C

2017~2024 2018 Mazda CX-5 Active Driving Display not showing GPS route directions

Looks strange to me. My HUD always shows the directions. If it shows them after you restart the car, it's not a HUD setting.
  14. C

Walk-Away Locking.. faulty or normal?

Yep. This. Read the manual closely. Basically you have to be within a couple feet of one of the door lock sensors with the key at the time that all doors are closed. If you have others with you and their door isn't closed yet before you leave the zone, it won't work. It's a PIA but it works...
  15. C

text messaging question (2017 GT)

Siri works fine through the head unit so if you use 'hey siri' or long click the home button, you can use the siri commands to send a text message by voice.
Back