Recent content by Capthat

1. C

A/C Blower fluctuates and lights dimming

Update, I’m done going to dealership especially since I have 46k on the car. Take it in and they say to me “on the weekends we don’t have enough techs to look at the motor”. Also said that if it wasn’t related to CarPlay install issues that I’d have to pay for it because it’s not under warranty...
  2. C

Yeah the one I found near me specializes in AC and electric but looks like they do other maintenance.
  3. C

Yeah I’m going to try to during the week. It’s hard because auto electric shop only open weekdays and it’s hard for me to get there in time due to work. Agreed, anything 2x should not be the case. Supposedly master mech didn’t do it the first time and there was an issue. I usually only go to...
  4. C

Thanks again, appreciate the insight. I have a free oil change at stealership so I’ll see what they come up with. I found an auto electric shop in the area that looks good, so I’ll try to visit them as well especially if Mazda can’t come up with a good solution. It’s just frustrating…I want to...
  5. C

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll get charging system checked…the headlights don’t flicker at all, just inside so not thinking alternator. I looked at my history and I had CarPlay installed back Jan 2019. When I had the blower replaced was Aug 2019. Any chance when they ripped the dash apart...
  6. C

Yeah I’m in AZ so have it up higher (not on auto climate control) and it’s definitely fluctuating speeds. The lights I never noticed until today. I pulled out the service report from when it was replaced and it said the motor “resistance was out of spec”. Have an appointment for next week so...
  7. C

Yes engine was running. Sometimes it seems to coincide with idle but wasn’t always the case.
  8. C

Hey all, 2018 CX-5 Touring and my A/C blower fluctuates speeds randomly. Also noticed tonight when I turned on my dome light while I was parked, the light dimmed a bit in sync with the blower. At about 16k miles the blower did the same thing but not as bad and they replaced it. This time it...
  9. C

2017~2024 Timing cover seal and coolant flange issue

Finally got my car back. After trying to repair timing cover, there was a “bent” o ring and they had to order a new one. For the timing cover leak, they said supposedly from the first time they tried to repair, there was an issue with an O ring from the cylinder deactivation oil control...
  10. C

thanks cz5gt! Yeah they didn’t specify for the inlet so I’ll have to ask. He said you could see some dried up coolant around the connection, but it wasn‘t a major issue from what it sounded, Definitely frustrating since it’s a newer vehicle, but other than that I love it. I had a loaner last...
  11. C

Yikes....yeah clearly bad design. Hopefully the master mechanic can do a better job. supposedly has been there 25 years. From other posts it doesn’t seem detrimental, but is definitely annoying. supposedly the coolant inlet he said there is no TSB but I’ll ask again, because it sounded like it...
  12. C

yeah it specifically said “water pump inlet”. My service guy said he’s been seeing it more frequently so also seems to be an issue. He made it sound like there is an updated part, so we’ll see. Unfortunately have to go back Monday because mechanic is backed up.
  13. C

In service right now. 2nd time the timing cover seal has failed on my 2018. They said it’s because the tech did a poor job and that this time the master mechanic was going to do it. I’m a bit concerned as I was in December of 2019 for the exact same issue and was assured once they fixed it, it...
  14. C

2018 Timing cover oil leak...should I be concerned?

Yeah I even when they showed me, it was still hard to tell. Obviously had some oil on a case near it, so something was leaking. When I asked the service guy he said it*s not uncommon, and that supposedly once they fix it, they*ve not had any repeats. He can say all he wants, and pretty sure...
  15. C

2018 Timing cover oil leak...should I be concerned?

Went for routine maintenance...after inspection told me the gasket was leaking. First Mazda, and feel like with 20k miles that shouldnt be happening. Is this cause for concern even though its going to be fixed and under warranty? Glad they saw it because when they showed me I would have never...
Back