Recent content by CAAD9

1. C

So who's getting a 2016 Miata?

This thread may have gone a bit dead, but I'll add my sorry tale anyway... The ultimate answer for me is no, sadly I won't be getting one soon. sniff.. sniff... is that a violin playing in the background? However, as part of the decision making process of purchasing my latest car I contrived...
  2. C

Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

That looks very good. Thanks for posting. Can I ask what that device poking out of the front is please? I presume it is something you added?
  3. C

Inventory is way out of whack

Just go get the top spec model. We did that with our CX-9 and have absolutely no regrets. My commute to work car is a 2 Maxx. In OZ, the Maxx is 2ed from the bottom in a 4 trim level range. And at first I whinged that I wished I got the next model up as I think the car would ride better on...
  4. C

Inventory is way out of whack

FWIW, I think the 6 in the bottom picture looks stunning, albeit I can't tell which has the 19 and which has the 17. In regards to the CX-9, my wife and I extensively test drove the Touring FWD 18", Azami* FWD 20" and Azami AWD 20". Roads Downunder aren't much chop either, but in all honesty I...
  5. C

CX-9 Signature impressions

In Australia the trim in the passenger cabin is plastic, no wood. But you know what, it feels like pretty solid stuff. It's holding up very well to life with 4 and 6 YO kids. I've seen wood crack in dashboards before, btw. But to your original question, maybe you are being a little picky. I...
  6. C

CX-9 total width including mirrors 2016-2018 models

On your test drive are you able to swing by your house and physically test it out? That's what we did with ours. Width wasn't a problem but length or more to the point height underneath the garage door is. When opening the boot (trunk) i.e. the back wagon door swings up. It was one of the...
  7. C

2.5T Pings/Knocks w/87 Octane. Try to hear your engine if you have the same

Hey Foxy, We bought our Azami in Feb this year and it was pretty bl00dy hot for the first few weeks we had her. There was no no pinging or knocking in our car when running on 91. Having said that, I noticed that on 98 octane the fuel consumption improved sufficiently to cover the extra cost of...
  8. C

Thanks mate. I'll look into that.
  9. C

This one fantastic too btw. Well done. The white one in post1368 from Peru.
  10. C

2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

When driving the 6 wagon I got the feeling the rear suspension was just a bit on the too hard side. Gave me the impression that it made the car a bit out of balance in turns that where tight but still allowed for you to stay at the speed limit. The other odd thing about the 6 wagon is that it...
  11. C

Cheers, thanks for the reply. I have a totally standard DJ 2 Maxx. Great car, but I think it could do with a better wheel/tyre combo than the 15/5.5 185/65 it comes with. Did you have to make any further modifications to fit those in? Does the car ever get tyre rub? thanks in advance
  12. C

Very nice. Can I ask what the wheel size and tyre size you running there please?
  13. C

2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

My first post here. Greetings all. In Australia the Sorento fully loaded is advertised at about the same price as the top spec CX-9, albeit the Wife and I got the impression there was more discount to be had out of the Kia dealer. Nevertheless we still went with the Mazda. The test drive...
Back