Recent content by bwalt

1. bwalt

For Sale Jay Racing FSDE Thermal Spacer, Copper T25 Gasket

Items are brand new, never installed. Price does not include shipping. Jay Racing Thermal Spacer - $50 SCE Copper T25 Gasket - $25
  2. bwalt

Will Protege coilovers fit Protege5?

Yes they should fit.
  3. bwalt

bwalt's MSP build log

Only way would be if you're lucky enough to find one used. Speed Circuit was going to make one but the project never materialized past a 3D printed prototype. https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/i-3d-printed-a-thing.123867625/
  4. bwalt

205/55R16 Snow tires - bad idea?

I also ran 195/55R16 on the same p5 and they fit great.
  5. bwalt

205/55R16 Snow tires - bad idea?

I ran 205/55R16 tires on my old protege 5 with stock wheels and eibach springs. No rubbing and I they filled in the wheel wells nicely.
  6. bwalt

Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

Glad you got it figured out! Diagnosing cars on the internet is a crap shoot lol.
  7. bwalt

bwalt's MSP build log

Haven't done much to the protege other than driving and racing the last couple years. Pulled transmission last month due to bearing noise and after opening the case, found 2nd gear close to catastrophically failing. The oil journal on the pinion shaft for 2nd gear has worn enough that the gear...
  8. IMG_20230527_103628615.jpg

IMG_20230527_103628615.jpg

9. bwalt

SOLD! Haltech PS1000, J&S Safeguard

J&S is sold.
  10. bwalt

Opinions and help with piggyback ECUs

You'll have to call around to see what shops in your area would charge.
  11. bwalt

I would recommend having a professional do the install and tune.
  12. bwalt

It should be pretty simple if you're experienced in wiring, fuel injectors and ignition coils to standalone, cam and crank signals shared with the stock ecu. You'll have full control over fuel and ignition same as a standalone. The rest of the cars features that are dependent on the oem ecu...
  13. bwalt

Short answer is no it won't work. I tried a DET3 piggyback years ago on a friend's protege and it doesn't read the maf signal correctly. The only piggyback that worked was the split second afc. Not sure if that's available anymore. If you want a tune, best option would be a haltech elite 550 or...
  14. bwalt

I 3D printed a thing

2023 bump!
  15. bwalt

Is the MSP rear wheel bore larger than the front wheel bore?

The hub bore on the rear sticks out further than the front which doesn't allow those hub-centric spacers to fully seat. Grind them down to match the front hubs and you'll be good.
Back