Recent content by BOOSTR

1. B

bwalt's MSP build log

Impressive rebuild. What did you coat your Pope manifold with, the same as what you just did to the engine?
  2. B

Mazdspeed Protege #1145 build / fix log

Very nice build in the works there. Outstanding paint job and its nice to see a white msp.
  3. B

boostr's maintenance thread

Pulled of the WGA today. Needed to lengthen the rod to lower the boost. Measured the center of the eye and went from 5 and 5/8" to 5 and 7/8" which does not seem like much but that meant 3 full rotations plus on threaded eye adjuster. That seemed to do it as I was just able using extra long...
  4. B

boostr's maintenance thread

Started this thread to detail msp life in 2020. Bought car from a Tampa dealer 5/2003. Its been a great car and has only seen the dealer for clunk bushings and the flash. I put 36,000 miles on it in year 1. Bought the car for my long commute at the time. Now it rarely sees more than 5,000 a...
  5. B

What have you done to your MSP today?

"maintenance thread" just trying to fix a few things.
  6. B

Steam Cleaning Cloth Seats

A good steamer cost way more than 300 bucks. That said you can buy some distilled water and white vinegar to remove the water ring. Any decent upholstery or rug cleaner should do the trick as well. Spray it on and wipe/blot the stain away with a microfiber. Water will brown out unless its dried...
  7. B

Got a bunch of stuff to put on. Can wait o replace oem wga that finally crapped out so the car will be fun to drive again with out fuel cut. ATP with threaded rod will fix that. Ordered a new oem front motor mount since I cannot find busings for my custom mount. Picked up the Mahle B32427 oil...
  8. B

replaced the 09/2002 fog lamp bulbs that finally burned out. saw am oil leak on the sensor in block underneath the manifold but above the oil filter and oil sending unit, dont know what it is but its a leak source
  9. B

Good luck. When you find one hopefully it already has things like hardpipes, upgraded intercooler, exhaust etc. I would stay away from ones with blown engines/transaxles unless you like projects. To me those things scream abuse.
  10. B

Like any limited production model some parts are discontinued. But that said there are still many parts available to keep your FS running. People made their rods/lsd etc break imo back when the cars first came on the scene. Aftermarket has been limited for awhile. Still shouldn't be hard to...
  11. B

Discovered a missing center cap screw M4x10 7pitch metric and replaced. Also learned why the car has felt stronger than its normal 6.9 psi of boost. My OEM WGA has finally died after all of these years. Reminds me when I used to fill it up with Sunoco GT 100 and utilize my dual stage boost...
  12. B

Had no luck getting one from parts store or Mazda as both were closed last week on my only day off so I ordered a Centric hose from Amazon. Picked up a flare wrench set and installed it today. Car shifts like it always has again. Gave it a bath and of course its going to rain now.
  13. B

Looks like its time for a new clutch line as well. After putting on the new release cylinder and attempting to bleed it, I noticed a fresh trail of leaking fluid coming from the original clutch line. I'll pick up one from the parts store tomorrow and fix it then.
  14. B

Ordered a new OEM slave cylinder to replace the factory installed September 2002 part that finally went yesterday while out driving. Damn near 17 years and over 150,000 miles is not to shabby for part longevity.
  15. B

discovered that there is a water pump drip and I don't think its a cold weather weep. f'ing gates pump is not that old nor does it have enough miles on it since the timing belt service several years ago.
Back