Recent content by bluegrass

1. B

After 15 months of ownership my only complaint

My biggest complaint is the horrible piano gloss black trim they put everywhere.
  2. B

Waxes, sealants, ceramics - Don't over think it

It is obvious you live in Phoenix based on your post. There are vast swaths of the country that can't physically wash a vehicle and apply protection "every 2 to 4 weeks." The weather and temperatures simply don't allow it.
  3. B

Would purchasing a CX-5 turbo demo model concern you?

I don't think so. It is simple math. A vehicle with 200 miles has 98.5% MORE MILES than one delivered with only 3 miles. That means a 98.5% greater opportunity for it to be beat up/abused. Your idea that "luck matters more" is probably why you spend $2500 on extended warranties!
  4. B

Cargo Mat suggestions?

I've never used the front tiedowns. The rear tiedowns, which are fully exposed, have been used maybe 3 times since I've owned the car. What is it that you're hauling around that makes the front tiedowns so important? FYI...the Husky liners come with molded scribe/guide lines over the front...
  5. B

Exactly. Which is why all of my new vehicles have had no more than 3 miles on them when I took delivery.
  6. B

There is absolutely no way of knowing how it was treated/driven, so you can't assume that it was reasonable. If I'm spending $30K-$40K for a vehicle that I'll be driving for the next 10-14 years, I want it to be as pristine/unadulterated as possible. Now, if you are someone who gets a new...
  7. B

Cargo Mat suggestions?

For me, the primary attributes of a hard cargo mat are 1) coverage/protection and 2) ease of cleaning. The Husky offers better coverage/protection, because the sidewalls are taller and there are no cutouts in the mat (like the OEM). The Husky is also FAR easier to clean, because there aren't...
  8. B

Cargo Mat suggestions?

I'm surprised at all of the love for the OEM cargo mat. I think the Husky version looks and functions much better.
  9. B

Good price for extended warranty?

Thanks. Interesting note at the bottom of that promotional pamphlet... "This overview is not all-inclusive. Please see the actual contract for terms, conditions, limits of liability, exclusions..."
  10. B

Good price for extended warranty?

In another post you said the warranty was through CNA National. They offer several types of warranties, but none of them provides 100% coverage as you suggest. Which version of their warranty do you have? The "Best" version? If so, that is exclusionary coverage that lists all the parts that...
  11. B

DIY maintenance during warranty

I do all of my own routine maintenance from day 1. My vehicles never see the dealership again unless there is a recall/TSB. I keep track of all of the maintenance in a spreadsheet on my computer. I even take a picture of the maintenance products (oil, filter, ect) and add them to the file.
  12. B

Not according to the CX-5 manual break-in procedures... "avoid full-throttle starts" and "unnecessary hard stops"
  13. B

What about all of the test drives when you were not in the vehicle with the customers? Even with a salesperson in the car, I've always at least opened it up a few times. Hell, I've even had several encourage me to drive it hard.
  14. B

I would avoid it for the following reasons...
  15. B

Two year extended warranty worth it?

You don't see a single red flag in the sections I highlighted in post #51? If not, then you are the ideal candidate for this type of extended warranty. That is not what the contract says. "Your dealer" is not the dealership you bought the car from, it's the dealership you bought the warranty...