Recent content by bluefire_xl

1. B

CX-5 Brake noise after replacing rotors and pads

Cant remember the price but it was not expensive. Though I got another non oem brand. Rubber seems ok.
  2. B

Got it. did not notice that. it seems i have to grease under the hardware plate as well if i am reading it correctly.
  3. B

What other areas should I put a grease on? I did on the plates of the pads and a little on the tips that is touching the hardware plates
  4. B

I was doing the same thing of checking if the side that had the noise was a bit warmer but does not seem to be. The first time i have re-lubed. i did remove the pads again to inspect and clean the back pads and grease them. That actually removed the sound for some time and came back again. Been...
  5. B

Got it from rock auto. Will try this steps on the weekends and see. Thanks for the suggestion.
  6. B

I have the pin with the rubber one in the bottom. That seems right?
  7. B

Update after replacing the rubber boots and redo the lube. Still has the same grinding sound when the pads are hot when braking. I mostly hear it before a complete stop. I wonder if this is because of the pad. I used the same one on the driver side and that one did not have the same issue. I...
  8. B

Thanks everyone, I will try to replace the rubber and see how it goes. Can't just imagine what is making the sound. I do noticed when I put the lube last time that the caliper does not move back easily. It does after adding more lube.
  9. B

I was using the sil glyde for the caliper pins and permatex copper on the pads. Just weird that it's only happening on one side.
  10. B

I replaced both my front rotors and pads 3 months ago. After some time. I was hearing this crunch/grinding sound when braking on my passenger front side. I will only notice the noise after a bit of driving. Don't see any damage to the rotors. The Sound went away after I added some grease to the...
  11. B

Preparing to fix my leaking CX-5 transmission pan

I was trying to remove the 2 bolts holding the bottom half of the air filter. Can't seem to remove it. It looks like when I was turning the bolt. the whole thing that was holding it was turning as well. i was trying to hold the bolt holder with a plier but it was too tight. any recommendations...
  12. B

I see. So i dont need to remove anything of the top half. I though I need to remove the hose or map sensor to set it aside to have more space to remove the bottom out. Thanks!
  13. B

When removing the air box. Do i need to remove the map sensor? i am hesitant removing this one. Or should I remove the hose instead by loosening the clamp for me to be able to set it aside?
  14. B

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all your feedback.
Back