Recent content by Big Eldorado

1. B

Shaking clutch pedal

My speed3 has 166'000 kms, stock clutch. From researching threads lots of ppl talking about bent rods that zoom boom and clutch problems as well. Why would a rod bend after so many years at a very conservative tune?? Anyone have any recent experience with high milage cars??
  2. B

smoking turbo fix 2016

You're correct, a lot of times ppl won't experience the smoking turbo with the stock setup. I didn't. the smoke didn't show up until I had an aftermarket DP on. But a lot have the issues with a stock setup, from my research it seems like the system is so on the edge of not working that even the...
  3. B

Long term MS3

Its been 5 years of Mazdaspeed3 ownership. Its been 5 years of mostly pleasing experiences with my MS3. Although with any machine there will be small issues to overcome. I start his thread because I've seen a bunch of post in the recent while on a few forums of ppl wary of high km Mazdaspeed...
  4. B

Turbo replaced, now consuming oil ... dealer says 'it's normal"

*Dead thread commenting* Its the f'n PCV system. it cant keep the block from building PSI which in turn backs the oil up into the turbo. This oil pushes past the seal and you get your smoking turbo. New, old, doesn't matter because the issue isn't a bad turbo seal. Try this fix if you haven't...
  5. B

smoking turbo fix 2016

So its the beginning of 2016, and I started this thread to address this issue in a more recent post. I had been trying to find a fix for the smoking turbo issue on my 1st gen mazdaspeed3. Looked high and low and it seemed the only product I could find wasn't being produced anymore in post from...
  6. B

Speed 3 spoilers are ugly.

You're ugly (nana)
  7. B

P2187 followed by P0401?

P2187 is a fackn ecu ghost I tells ya!!!!! Beware the ghost!!!!!!! No one knows it seems... P0401, bad valve. Try cleaning it before you replace it. And if you work and live close the short trips don't give the engine time to heat up and burn all that s*** so the valve gets poo'd and gummed...
  8. B

My 7 year's experience with Hypertech...

Ive only done the corksport intake, one step colder plugs and HT tune on the engine so far. I can tell you the Butt Dyno sure loves the Hypertech, it felt like a different car instantly. AND it took care of a seriously odd idle issue and lean condition at high RPMs after I installed the intake...
  9. B

Corksport Fuel Pump Internals

Soooo... Thread life-support... Its now been a year since last post on this thread, do I bother posting a reply?? I dunno.... Corksport HPFP??......
  10. B

boostracer Poor Teenager Budget Build

Hey man, you need a set of OBX headers! Changed the sound of my protege and added a good amount of pep too (180$ ebay). I'd say the best and cheapest mod was getting the Protege MP3 ECU off of Spicey Ornge on this forum. 10hp and 10ft/lbs for 150$, and the throttle response was amazing! The OBX...
  11. B

FMIC options

haha I know I've read alot of your posts! I especially like the one where you jab at some guy who wrote his mustang off, personal fav
  12. B

FMIC options

Thanks Subiekiller3 I have already done my research on the CXracing kit, I can't find any feedback on the corksport FMIC. But I was under the impression thats what this forum was about, sharing info and opinions. I actually respect your feedback chimmike, you seem educated on most Speed3...
  13. B

FMIC options

Anyone tried for CorkSport FMIC??
  14. B

FMIC options

Has anyone tried the CXracing FMIC for the speed3's yet? I know guys that really liked CX products for other models of cars. Any other FMIC option feedback would be wicked. (nana)
  15. B

When do you need a tune?!

I have an 07 MS3 and got a corksport intake with TIP. I noticed right away it ran amazing but it needed...something. So I got a Hypertech, didnt want to run lean. It smoothed out the Idle and ran better at top end. Take that how you want to. (nana)
Back