Recent content by babyluv1

1. B

[DEFUNCT] The College-Budget P5

LMAO!!! Spoken like a "TRUE" car guy!!! Do it until...you can't. Then walk away.
  2. B

Looking into picking up a CX-9

I have an 08 FWD GT. Had 60k when I picked it up and at 95k now w/no major issues. Avoid the AWD at all costs and the smart keyless entry system honestly is pretty dumb. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it (it's for the family)
  3. B

CX-9 has musty mold smell when A/C runs and tried everything to fix

I had a similar problem with my Mazda 3 and it ended up being the carpet and floor mats. Water was getting underneath the floor mats causing the carpet to smell. I sprayed the mats and carpet with peroxide, then put down a little baking soda, then sprayed vinegar, then used a mini green machine...
  4. B

Just another yellow P5 build...

Your car just replaced my kids as the home screen on my phone.
  5. B

2007~2015 Help me buy a used cx-9

^^^What he said ^^^ Avoid the AWD if you can. Avoid at all costs if it has a hitch on it. Be sure to get it checked out if you're dead set on getting it.
  6. B

CX-9 purchase plans

I wouldn't do it (unless you're getting it for cheap) because around that mileage the water pump issue may rear it's ugly head as well. You would be looking at a costly repair of 2 ticking time bombs (plus regular maintenance items). Just make sure it doesn't have too many bells and whistles...
  7. B

Mazda 3 life expectancy

Thank you. I hit it at 70mph and the tires went about 2 feet off the ground after I hit it. It was a blessing that no one was around me as I traveled from the left lane all the way to the right shoulder. The accident that was a result of the me hitting wheel was an even bigger misadventure...
  8. B

Mazda 3 life expectancy

I really miss my 3! A wheel from a dually that landed shinny side down caused the death of my beloved at 247k by knocking the engine and transmission off the mounts, cracking both the block and transmission damn near in half and making for one helluva misadventure!! RIP Gertrude!!
  9. B

Can I program a Smart Key myself?

That's not a bad price at all. I spent...well the dealer where I got my car spent 120 for the key and 150 for the programming via an independent locksmith. Then I got another replacement key (because it only came with one key) and followed the procedure in the manual. Now I have 3...It works.
  10. B

Only CX-9 Around Here

I see maybe 1or 2 when I travel from Atlanta to Augusta (which is usually twice a month or so). I tend to see a lot more previous gen CX5's than anything else in town. I currently have the previous gen CX9 and 6 wagon and are always OTLO for any Mazda during my travels as I've owned 3.
  11. B

2007-2015 CX-9 what is 1 thing you don't like about your CX-9 the most

The credit card smart key, the water pump location and design, the fact that the a.c. drain clogs so damn easily, the water pump location and design, the fragile gas cap, the wear fast wheel bearings and brake rotors, the water pump location and design, the sucky ass bluetooh, the fact that you...
  12. B

"New" 2012 CX-9 Checking In!

Welcome and congrats.
  13. B

New 2007 Owner

Welcome!!!
  14. B

After Market Radio

What year is your CX9?
  15. B

Rust

I'm glad they took care of you. I'm sorry you had to go through all the bull, but at least they did the right thing.
Back