Recent content by aleki2424

1. aleki2424

2nd Gen CX-9 (2016-2020) High mileage club, how's it holding up?

Interesting. I imagine they use a finer atomization/ pre-charge the panels to make the paint stick better and achieve more even coverage with less. Either way, it was ridiculous how easy to scratch it is. I have some orange peeling on my stock paint as well. Vinyl is a good idea for the hood...
  2. aleki2424

2nd Gen CX-9 (2016-2020) High mileage club, how's it holding up?

You are correct....I thought it was a conjecture, but the paint on the car is hot garbage. Mine's the standard Mica and I had to redo a few panels due to some deep scratches, decided to repainting half the car and noticed that the thickness they put down is considerably less than a standard...
  3. aleki2424

Infotainment Screen cracking (Spider cracks)

No, they use an improved version of the current screen. I asked them about this when I had mine done
  4. aleki2424

It was from a recall mailer
  5. aleki2424

Bumping this thread as looks like Mazda is issuing a "Special Service Program" on some MY16 and 17 vehicles, that acknowledges this issue and will also extend the warranty for the fixes to 7 yrs
  6. aleki2424

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

My Falkens are still going "OK" at just under 45k. Definitely replacing before the next winter, however. I was thinking of getting the LTX Defenders because of the higher warranty as well, good to see that handling is improved.
  7. aleki2424

No chemicals, I usually only dust the screen and/ wipe with a damp cloth. It's a known issue, lots of cases on CX-5s and 3s. Screen seems to be delaminating from the inside and externally it's smooth ie. no damage to the surface. In my case, it happened after temperatures fluctuated from warm...
  8. aleki2424

Mazda, unfortunately seems to be hit or miss on dealer experience, and currently the batting average not good, and has driven a lot of people away. I hope their dealership re-brand goes beyond making pretty buildings. These infotainment systems have been out for a while and should be cheaper...
  9. aleki2424

Yikes, that looks terrible, glad they fixed it for you. I got lucky on mine, but it's also because I've been servicing with them for such a long time. How many miles have you had with the replacement screen?
  10. aleki2424

Just wanted to report back, my dealer graciously approved a goodwill repair at no cost. All back to normal now
  11. aleki2424

Yeah, that was the next course of action, I talked to my local dealer with whom I have serviced for the entire duration of ownership and they offered to look at it. I will report back what I find out. Also attaching the TSB for anyone interested...
  12. aleki2424

Has anyone run into a similar problem on their 2nd gen CX-9's screen micro-cracking? It seems like this is a known issue on other Mazda models and appears to be exacerbated by temperature swings. Unfortunately, I am just out of the warranty period, so I am wondering if it's even something that...
  13. aleki2424

Looking at new tires

Doesn't surprise me, frankly. My perception at my local retail Firestone stores (same company that owns Bridgestone) has been wholly unappealing in my case, it seems like there may be an issue from the top... which is disappointing considering all the issues they had with Ford Explorers in the...
  14. aleki2424

Looking at new tires

Thanks for the intel. I am interested to hear what comes of this. In my experience, my local Firestone service has been downright HORRIBLE to me and a few relatives when I went in for tire service. YMMV
  15. aleki2424

2019 Signature vs. 2018 GT: Driving impressions (Dealer loaner car)

Interesting. I have Falken Ziexs on my '17 GT. I am surprised to hear that they went to Ecopias for 2018. To that end, my tires have been pretty decent in terms of ride quality and wear, but they are less than marginal in winter driving performance. That said, I do anticipate getting at least...