Recent content by 5MazdaHz

1. 5

Mazda5 Horn Replacements

After trying the Supertones, I can agree with this. No extra relay necessary. After 4 years, the Supertones were rusted and didn't work anymore. I replaced them with the basic Amazon snail style horns and it is great. Super loud. I do like the tone better too. Bonus is that these won't rust...
  2. 5

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Update on my supertones. I've had them for about 4 years now. I liked the tone, but they rust like crazy and sounded worse and worse, til one rusted a hole in the disc and stopped working. I replaced them with regular dual snail horns, Farbin on Amazon, and I like them way better than the...
  3. 5

OE Strut Mount and Bearing

I like your style. And nice work too. Salvaging factory parts is a great investment. Keep us posted of the bearing holds up. Great info for everyone here to consider. I've had hit or miss luck with aftermarket parts on the '12 M5. Just avoid anything made by MOOG for suspension or...
  4. 5

I did mine last year at 75k and it was black and yes the pan was stuck. Use a tiny torque wrench to put it back on with the new gasket since they are super easy to strip and are not very tight. Sorry, I don't have the torque spec, but you can't do it by feel so be careful.
  5. 5

Outside door handles keep breaking

Well, I got an exact replacement shipped from a friendly junkyard in Kentucky. It cost the same as the crappy one that lasted less than one year, and it's already painted to match. Next problem is getting the door to open so I can replace it. The current handle is broken on the outside and...
  6. 5

Outside door handles keep breaking

Anyone else keep breaking the rear sliding door handles? I'm finding its a bad design with cheap plastic on a high stressed part. The rear driver side door on the 2012 Mazda 5 broke off last year when the wife went to open the door. It was very cold and the door was a little stuck, but not...
  7. 5

Poll What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

I like to fix my own car, and this site has the best layout and owners with good info they are willing to share.
  8. 5

2-wheel front alignment. Just finished replacing control arms and tie rods. Time for an alignment! Even with measuring and trying to keep the new tie rods the same length as the old ones, the toe-in was still almost an inch on each side. This is not drive-able, so I found a great method on...
  9. IMG_20200614_162910809_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200614_162910809_HDR.jpg

10. 5

Mazda5 2.5L Engine grooved idler pulley fix

I don't think 75k miles is too soon for these bearing seals to fail. The leaking seals is just the signal it's time to take care of things. I guess I could have driven for 20 or 30k before the bearing finally failed. In a different car, I was once stranded on the highway during a road trip...
  11. 5

Mazda5 Horn Replacements

The stock horns on the Mazda 5 are dangerously weak. I recommend replacing them for your safety. I am using the Hella Supertones on my '12 and they have worked great for 3 years now. Much safer on the highway now. They have a japanese sound to them and are VERY loud. More of a "meep, meep"...
  12. IMG_20200603_201759598.jpg

IMG_20200603_201759598.jpg

13. IMG_20200603_201736971_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200603_201736971_HDR.jpg

14. IMG_20200603_202225851.jpg

IMG_20200603_202225851.jpg

15. 5

I've loved my supertones for a few years now. I did like you said on the '12 and couldn't find anyplace the get them in the grill either. One on each side of the crash bar worked. I ran the wires through the bar to the other side to keep things neat.
Back