Recent content by 2005mazda

1. 2

Poll 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement

Wow! That is some wreck, glad you and your family made it out ok to tell the story! I can see why Mazda has a special place in your heart. Nice on the Mazda3S, you must've taken really good care of it. The 12' Mazda had one of the most robust drive train combinations in Mazda's arsenal, an...
  2. 2

Poll 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement

Out of curiosity, which particular model did you have the most mileage on? Mazda can certainly build some decent stuff, but one power train from them is not always indicative of another power train from them. I have a 2005 Mazda 3i with a manual a transmission, pretty much a bullet proof...
  3. 2

Shopping for a CX-9, should I avoid 2020 and earlier?

That was my other consideration, getting a CPO model, like you had mentioned earlier in the thread. 7 years 100k from when it was brand new. The 2.5 L Turbo is utilized across the lineup (with the exception of the CX-90), Mazda is well vested into it. I would hope they would finally perfect...
  4. 2

Shopping for a CX-9, should I avoid 2020 and earlier?

I was just thinking of starting a thread on this topic, but I suppose I'll post here as I'm considering similarly. I had my eye on a 2nd gen CX9 for a while, but it was never urgent, now that the 2nd gen is discontinued it's still on my radar (I looked at the CX-90, but it seems to have too...
  5. 2

Mazda3 Rust recall

Any updates on this? I still have my Mazda from 05', rear fender is rusted out. If they actually recalled this and repaired it for free, that'd be pretty nice.
  6. 2

2nd Gen CX-9 High mileage club, how's it holding up?

Yeah, I can imagine, it'll be a long 5k miles before you can start driving it normal again, :( .
  7. 2

Thanks for the update Pele, hope Brown's does a great job with the engine installation on your CX9 (I've had good experiences with them in the past). Let us know how the car feels once you get it back.
  8. 2

We can check the part number to hone in on it, but I believe it was Model Year 2020 that they made the engine revisions: https://news.mazdausa.com/2019-10-29-Far-From-Ordinary-2020-Mazda-Cx-9-Receives-Inspiring-Elegant-Enhancements
  9. 2

2004 Mazda3 P2177 and P2188

@rguerreiro92 Did you ever resolve your issues? Including the P2188 code?
  10. 2

That's actually a valid question! We don't know the history or story behind that CX-9(it could have had at least one engine replaced for all we know), at least on these forums I don't think we've come across a 2nd gen over 100k miles that hasn't had the dreaded engine block leak issue. That's...
  11. 2

Long Term Review - PowerStop Z17 Evolution Plus Ceramic Brake pads - 2nd Gen CX-9

Thanks for sharing your long term experience with the 2nd Gen CX-9. As for the rear brakes going out faster, my Mazda 3 also does this. From what I understand it is a tuning preference that Mazda does, supposedly by applying more force to the rear they achieve a more flatter braking...
  12. 2

Mazda 3 life expectancy

That's awesome stuff to hear, I recall growing up with father's friends talking about vehicles spanning from the late 1960's to the 1970's. I appreciate how the cars had thicker sheet metal, and the simplicity of the cars from that era in general. Here I am as a younger guy complaining about...
  13. 2

Mazda 3 life expectancy

That's nice to hear about your daughter's car, she's fortunate to have found one in decent shape from New York. Mazda's can certainly be well built, nice machines in general (it's why I'm here, I'm definitely a fan, they've built some amazing automobiles). And the MX-6 was an exceptional car...
  14. 2

Mazda 3 life expectancy

I was referring exclusively to the Mazda3, as every product was built differently, with different leadership, goals, budgets, etc... I knew a guy with a Ford Probe (essentially an MX6) who also did not have rusting issues in the Mid-Atlantic. So what may have been a non-issue in the MX6 may be...
  15. 2

2021 CX-9 Signature 5000 mile impression & comparison with 2018 CX-9 Sig

The 2020+ CX-5 advertised that they added Bose's "Engine Harmonic Enhancement" a.k.a. fake engine noise playing through the speakers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it with the CX-9 as well. The noise is relayed and so even if the sound system is on mute or off, it still plays through the...
Back