Tire Pressure Monitoring System...No reset button?

The Manual for my 2020 CX-9 Touring states that I have a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Yet unlike my former 2016 Grand Touring, this Touring trim in my 2020 does not SEEM to have a reset button...

20210718_175014_HDR.jpg

So if the car ever tells me a Tire is low....and I get that tire inflated appropriately, I don't have a button to push to reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

Alright. So there are two different types of TPMS. One checks the rotation of the tires in relation to each other. The other actually reads the pressure in each tire. The older CX-9s use the tire rotation method. Yours should be using the actual tire pressure. The reason your older one had the button is to correct the vehicle when you have fully inflated and fine tires but the vehicle thinks you don’t. This could be from one tire being more worn than the others or different types of tires with different levels of grip. With a TPMS that actually reads pressure, you get the light until you are inflated to the correct pressure. There’s no override because it is more accurate and actually means you have an issue if it is lit.

Alright. So there are two different types of TPMS. One checks the rotation of the tires in relation to each other. The other actually reads the pressure in each tire. The older CX-9s use the tire rotation method. Yours should be using the actual tire pressure. The reason your older one had the button is to correct the vehicle when you have fully inflated and fine tires but the vehicle thinks you don’t. This could be from one tire being more worn than the others or different types of tires with different levels of grip. With a TPMS that actually reads pressure, you get the light until you are inflated to the correct pressure. There’s no override because it is more accurate and actually means you have an issue if it is lit.
Thank you for your detailed response. The Manual of this 2020 TOURING clearly states that I will be alerted if the air pressure in a specific tire is low. The cabin screen will display which tire is low. It's just that this 2020 Touring manual did not mention the reset button that my 2016 GRAND Touring had....yet my understanding from your post is...I do not have it but I DO NOT NEED that reset button anyway. In this 2020 once my "low" tire is properly re-inflated the system will recognize the correction and then it will be "reset" on its own. Correct?

Thank you for your detailed response. The Manual of this 2020 TOURING clearly states that I will be alerted if the air pressure in a specific tire is low. The cabin screen will display which tire is low. It's just that this manual did not mention the reset button that my 2016 GRAND Touring had....yet my understanding from your post is...I do not have and I do not need that reset button. Now..When my "low" tire is properly re-inflated the system will recognize the correction and then it will be "reset" on its own. Correct?
You will get the TPMS light. Once you fix the problem, it will go away. It’s a much better way to operate a TPMS than your older CX-9.

Exactly. I don’t have sensors in my winter wheels. The tpms light is on all winter, and turns off on its own when i put my summer wheels on. It would be the same if you had low pressure and then reinflated the right. No reset button required.

Back