Chrome Delete?

Ya the Hyperdip has held up very nice so far. Looks as good as the day I did it, with several highway drives included.

Ya the Hyperdip has held up very nice so far. Looks as good as the day I did it, with several highway drives included.
I used the regular stuff and looked really bad after a few months. Would love the black grill though. Luckily I traded my 2017 for a 2019.

Just got my new wheels today, and my final vision is now complete. I must say I couldn’t be happier. I will do a dedicated thread with more pics and full specs when I have time, but here’s a couple of quick pics right after they were put on...

61B02094-D839-4F90-826D-EA8312DBF215.jpeg
73624F17-5BA8-48C1-B0C3-CA0030AE4FEF.jpeg

Just curious if any other members on here think there is far too much chrome on the cx-9? I have a 2018 CX-9 GT Deep Crystal Blue and I really hate how much chrome is on it lol. I just ordered everything I need to vinyl wrap some chrome pieces and just delete them, def will like the black on blue contrast much more since I already have my windows tinted with a 4" brow on the front too.

*dont worry I'll take pics when its done*
I agree. way too much chrome.

Attachments

• 20210519_141835.jpg
    20210519_141835.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 267
Yes I know, I was just saying that it's crazy that you can drive around like that haha. Makes me miss my lowered IS
No scrape or rubbing at all. It will take some fine tuning with the shocks adjustments to set comfort for sure. Obviously not a SUV ride now, But more like a sports car suspension.

No scrape or rubbing at all. It will take some fine tuning with the shocks adjustments to set comfort for sure. Obviously not a SUV ride now, But more like a sports car suspension.

Any issues with getting the wheels re-aligned after?

Any issues with getting the wheels re-aligned after?
not at all. although there isn't a camber kit available for the rear of the cx9. There is a slight camber in the back so the tire wear will be center/inside. But really it isn't bad at all. My alignment centre was surprised at how well it sits and said tire wear wouldn't be an issue.

not at all. although there isn't a camber kit available for the rear of the cx9. There is a slight camber in the back so the tire wear will be center/inside. But really it isn't bad at all. My alignment centre was surprised at how well it sits and said tire wear wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for this info! Very helpful to know.

Finally finished the chrome delete job. This whole project was A LOT more work than I anticipated, but I’m very happy with the results. It honestly looks better in person than it does in the pictures but here ya go! Plan is to get a set of gloss black 22’s to really complete the look.
For those wondering I used Vivvid gloss black vinyl for everything expect the badges and horizontal grille bars for which I used Hyperdip. Hope you enjoy.
View attachment 233355
View attachment 233356View attachment 233357View attachment 233358View attachment 233359
Looks great! How hard was it to do the Hyper Dip on the grille?

Back