2021 Mazda3 M3TH radar housing front emblem delete

:
CX-5 2017 GT AWD
Another option for front emblem delete on radar housing is using 2.5% VLT tint. So far no error or issues noticed. A vinyl wrap will also work. This info are for those people who wants to delete both front and rear emblem.

51215930047_8c3d3e47fe_c.jpg

JUST and update since no issues with 2.5% VLT tint, I am using a black Vinyl Wrap right now and no issues as well.

Last edited:
Interesting mod idea, thanks for sharing...Wonder if there is a way to black-out the actual Mazda badge. That might look pretty cool on the Mazda3 Turbo.

That’s not even properly tinted as shown by the crease. I was trying to test if it gets any error. Might be able to plastidip it and see if it gives any error.

That’s not even properly tinted as shown by the crease. I was trying to test if it gets any error. Might be able to plastidip it and see if it gives any error.
Right, noticed the crease...Still as a test it can give people an idea of what’s possible regarding mods. :)

I wonder if it’s possible to paint or dip the Mazda logo within...So it would still be visible but a different color/look (than chrome).

Right, noticed the crease...Still as a test it can give people an idea of what’s possible regarding mods. :)

I wonder if it’s possible to paint or dip the Mazda logo within...So it would still be visible but a different color/look (than chrome).

That's something I'm curious about as well. The manual for my 2018 CX-9 Signature says nothing should be obstructing the emblem to ensure all functionality is retained, but before I read that part of the manual, I applied a thin, smoked vinyl film over the front emblem for added rock chip protection during a 12-hour road trip. I liked the look, and all safety equipment functioned normally for the drive, but YMMV. The smoked vinyl made the Mazda emblem look like it was black chrome vs. chrome.

Ok so I've been running the 2.5% VLT tint with no issues. Here is more good news...I am running a Vinyl Wrap over it right now and there are no issues as well. As long as there is no metallic thingy covering that housing, it will be good to go. A plasti dip might also work.

Back