2017~2024 Rear ac vents not blowing much

I've got a 2019 CX-5 touring. My rear vents have never really put any kind of volume of air. I'm assuming it's tied to the front system but even on max the rear vents don't put out much. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ive got a 2019 touring. My rear vents have never really put any kind of volume of air. Im assuming its tied to the front system but even on max the rear vents don't put out much. Any help would be much appreciated.
Your 2019 CX-5 Touring comes with dual-zone automatic climate control and “rear air-conditioning vents”. Firstly check the on-off dial controls on rear vents.
2BAE124B-8CF4-401B-A356-1FB94CEA3D8A.jpeg

Secondly, since the sales brochure says they’re “rear air-conditioning vents”, and there’s an AC symbol (*) for rear vents in airflow mode graph, turn on the AC and see if the air flow from rear vents increases.
C660D619-A97A-49E1-95C2-201838D58B04.jpeg

Upvote 0
I appreciate it but unfortunately ive played with all of that stuff. It basically blows on half of low speed even if the dials are wide open in the front and on max ac. Almost like there is a blockage. Im still under warranty so i may just dealer it out. Just annoying to have to take it in..

Upvote 0
It basically blows on half of low speed even if the dials are wide open in the front and on max ac.
Not sure what do you mean by that. Are open / close dial controls on rear AC vents wide open?

Upvote 0
Yes every vent is open fully. Ac is on and fan is blowing at the highest setting on the dash controls. There are no controls in the back other than that. I mean no fan speed controls. That being said at point there is very minimal air flow in the back. Hopefully that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Yes every vent is open fully. Ac is on and fan is blowing at the highest setting on the dash controls. There are no controls in the back other than that. I mean no fan speed controls. That being said at point there is very minimal air flow in the back. Hopefully that makes sense.
If the mechanical open / close dial controls for rear vents as shown on the owner’s manual above are indeed at open position, and the air flow is still minimum, you sure should take the CX-5 in to find out why since you do have warranty. My 2016 CX-5 doesn’t have rear AC vents. Unless like those rear vents in the luxury vehicles which have a true dedicated AC system for rear passengers, most rear AC vents like CX-5’s, basically they’re just re-direct some air from front vents, have weak air flow from what I’ve experienced. Your best bet is while you’re at Mazda dealer, ask for an air flow comparison with another new CX-5 side by side.

Upvote 0
From my experience, thats how it is.
The rear vents air flow is not a lot vs fronts.
As yrwei52 said, CX5s dont have a dedicated rear AC system and relies only on the front.
Only the bigger SUVs have dedicated rear AC system, ususlly the US models

Upvote 0
I hear ya. Just annoying. My Stinger relies on the front as well but man what a difference in performance. It might as well have a second blower. My 07 cts same thing no issues, no rear blower. But however yes my 07 cx9 did have a dedicated blower

Upvote 0
Try closing off some of the front vents and see if the rear increases. You should be able to close the vents closest to the windows. I don't think there's a close for the center two.
Also make sure the setting is for airflow to the head only.

If the rear increases there's your answer.

Upvote 0
Back