Transmission issues (Loss of power)?

The CPO powertrain warranty is 7 years/100k miles. You might be thinking of the CPO basic warranty which adds 1 year/12k miles to whatever is left of the original bumper to bumper warranty. Do you know what the in-service date was for your CX5? It should be in your CPO paperwork

You could also try checking the dealers used car inventory for a non-turbo 2018 CX5 that you test drive. That would give a better apples to apples comparison
Yeah I'd just rather get it fixed while 2 warranties are intact and hope if one didn't cover, the other will.

Certainly. I would say 80 percent of my driving is highway at a cruise set at either 60 or 70 (depending on the highway). The other 20% is 25 mph with occasional stop lights but never bumper to bumper. I almost never have to brake on the highway and the trips are always 20 minutes plus...
That's a helpful summary, and IMO your vehicle should be getting much closer to 30 MPG with a driving pattern such as what you described above. However, my opinion about that (or anyone else's for that matter) will be worth zero, in any conversation with your stealershp. They will say 'normal' and send you on your way.

If you are willing to do a bit of prep work, there is a very DIY-friendly tool available to anyone who has a reasonable degree of patience (which is required to get the thing up and running on your phone). This tool can often provide helpful diagnostic information for problem resolution, via the OBD live data stream. In your case, the data of interest is most likely just the 2 fuel trims, which is very easy to deal with. And if by chance, one or both of those fuel trim values from your vehicle are showing up as excessively 'rich', then that would be definitive, factual evidence of a problem, and would be something that Mazda cannot dismiss as 'normal'.

With the fuel economy information that you posted, I recommend giving this tool a shot, because at this point you have virtually nothing else to sell your argument to Mazda. The live data OBD reader tool for cell phones is something that you can easily find out about online, but you can post back specific questions, if you need help figuring something out.

That's a helpful summary, and IMO your vehicle should be getting much closer to 30 MPG with a driving pattern such as what you described above. However, my opinion about that (or anyone else's for that matter) will be worth zero, in any conversation with your stealershp. They will say 'normal' and send you on your way.

If you are willing to do a bit of prep work, there is a very DIY-friendly tool available to anyone who has a reasonable degree of patience (which is required to get the thing up and running on your phone). This tool can often provide helpful diagnostic information for problem resolution, via the OBD live data stream. In your case, the data of interest is most likely just the 2 fuel trims, which is very easy to deal with. And if by chance, one or both of those fuel trim values from your vehicle are showing up as excessively 'rich', then that would be definitive, factual evidence of a problem, and would be something that Mazda cannot dismiss as 'normal'.

With the fuel economy information that you posted, I recommend giving this tool a shot, because at this point you have virtually nothing else to sell your argument to Mazda. The live data OBD reader tool for cell phones is something that you can easily find out about online, but you can post back specific questions, if you need help figuring something out.
It's there a specific brand in looking for?

It's there a specific brand in looking for?
The Torque app is probably the most popular one, but there are lots of others as well. You only need the basic set of OBD, so just get one of the free apps - no need to pay for an advanced version. The only other thing you'll need is an OBD adapter (dongle) , which cost around $20. Just make sure the one you buy will support your type of phone (Android, ...).

For Mazdas, ForScan (free app for Windows, nearly so for iOS, Android) and a compatible Bluetooth (convenient but not very fast PID rate), or a wired USB OBD adapter (much faster PID rate).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I've always had power issues from the beginning when I bought. I thought the timing seal and hla's would have solved it. It just never felt right. Still doesn't.
Bringing up my old suggestion again: See if you can get them to do a compression test.
If the dealer won't do it, I'd go to an indie shop and pay the one hour labour to get it checked.
Peace of mind.

For MAzda's, ForScan (free app for Windows, nearly so for iOS, Android) and a compatible Bluetooth (convenient but not very fast PID rate), or a wired USB OBD adapter (much faster PID rate).

This looks good. Very reasonably priced as well. Thank you. Can this be used with the torque app?

Torque (on my Samsung S9) did not play well with the USB adapter. The Bluethooth works with Forscan or Torque, and fine for general monitoring and diagnosis. The Bluetooth dropped to 2 measurements/PID/sec update rate when capturing live data for 8 to 12 PID's concurrently, which is why I've have been using USB version, which provides 10 measurements/PID/sec or faster with large PID groups.

I had new tires put on a few weeks back (continental lx25). Pressure is excellent (around 39psi). The car says my mpg is 29 but my actual seems more like 25. This is with mostly highway. With the loaner for 2 weeks on similar routes, it averaged 29 actual. Definitely concerning.
What do you mean that the car says 29 mpg but it feels like 25? If you don't trust the counter, what are you using to gauge your mileage?

Attachments

• PXL_20210423_230550085.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210423_230550085.MP.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 155
30.5 mpg on trip to Outer Banks NC from upstate Delaware with a fully loaded car, dog and two adults. Roads were mostly four lane with an abundance of stop lights.
Avg speed was 65 mph and using radar cruise.

Back