New SD does't work

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
2021 GTR. Purchased new card # TD2K 66 EZ1 for USA CAN Mex. Unlocked card and installed after message said to install a card. No screen change after 5 minutes, remove and check that card is in the unlocked position and reinsert but, no change. Went to mail screen and highlighted NAVIGATION BUT, STILL NO CHANGE. Frustrated. What am I doing incorrectly? Ed

Solution
I discovered the problem. The slide was not able to move into the full unlock position due to a burr. I used a pen knife to remove the burr and all is well now. It has been a tough year and don't need any more stress. Ed
My CX came with Nav when I bought it but my MX did not. I purchased a Nav card from Amazon for the MX and the first one that was shipped did nothing. I inserted it in the car's card reader with the car off and then started it. It would not recognize the card no matter what I did. I contacted the seller and informed him of what was going on. He wanted me to disconnect the car's battery and try again. I knew that this was pointless, so I told him that I already tried this. He sent me a new card that worked perfectly.

Upvote 0
I discovered the problem. The slide was not able to move into the full unlock position due to a burr. I used a pen knife to remove the burr and all is well now. It has been a tough year and don't need any more stress. Ed

Upvote 0
Solution

Don't forget to update the maps on your new card after you've driven at least 63 miles. You'll need to install the Mazda Toolbox on your computer first.

Upvote 0
Back