ND MX-5 Mark’s 2016 ND Build

Sorry to hear about your daughter and her husband! Good to hear that she is bounced back so quick. Crazy how differently it can affect people.

Safe travels to Daytona and enjoy that time with your fam!

Well after a trip to KY, for a wedding...Robin and I landed in NC. We had Christmas with the grandkids through sliding patio door. My daughter and her husband are both recovering from Covid....didn’t want to take any chances! Left for Daytona Beach Wednesday morning and arrived at our vaca spot for the next week. Nice to be back in the little car!

Attachments

• 0EB3C832-812A-480F-AAE6-24F72E9D1ED7.jpeg
    0EB3C832-812A-480F-AAE6-24F72E9D1ED7.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 112
  • 5D94D936-F13A-494A-B1FE-7261A94FC531.jpeg
    5D94D936-F13A-494A-B1FE-7261A94FC531.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 112
  • B8967D49-DF54-4214-BB2D-556ADB26EF64.jpeg
    B8967D49-DF54-4214-BB2D-556ADB26EF64.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 448BB4CD-4BC5-4524-9241-1ECC2974A38D.jpeg
    448BB4CD-4BC5-4524-9241-1ECC2974A38D.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 118
Happy to hear that you and Robin made it! How are the grown-up kids doing?

I mean this in the politest way possible but you suck! :p Sorry just a little bitter after I drove to work in 22 degree weather this morning. lol Seriously though, that view is awesome and wish you both a fun filled winter down South....you have earned it!

It's funny that your Robin is okay with a long distance road trip in your Miata. After we went on our delayed honeymoon in 2011 in our Miata, I was informed by my Robyn that there was no way in hell we would ever take another road trip in it. :cool:

It's funny that your Robin is okay with a long distance road trip in your Miata. After we went on our delayed honeymoon in 2011 in our Miata, I was informed by my Robyn that there was no way in hell we would ever take another road trip in it. :cool:
I guess my Robin loves me more? 😉 We were supposed to go across country with another couple last August, rte 66. Epic trip spoiled by COVID and riots!

My daughter and husband are fine, no lingering effects at all! But us, well we’ve been quarantining for the last 15 days, we both got COVID at the wedding! Very mild, a cough and stuffy nose...If others hadn’t come down with it, I swear we had a mild cold! Just got to my moms today, finally!

Attachments

• EC61A505-528E-460A-8D6E-7E15A749A2CE.jpeg
    EC61A505-528E-460A-8D6E-7E15A749A2CE.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 102
@chiefmg My wife feels the same as yours. She is happy to go on short trips in the car and prefers it to be on a sunny day with the top down. Last time we went to visit our daughter in CT, I wanted to take the Miata as it was nice weather but she panicked. She gets anxiety when traveling on the highway normally, put her in small car with the top down and I'd need to drug her first. haha

Mark, great to hear about the kids and the both of you!!! Thankfully it was mild for both of you!

I know you are, I meant Bruce! :p lololol

Speaking of, I need to call the hotel again. I got a confirmation # over the phone when I booked but I have now called five times to get a confirmation email and still nothing. Don't want to show up with no email confirmation on file and have them say they are booked. Going to call again and look for others, just-in-case.

I guess my Robin loves me more? 😉 We were supposed to go across country with another couple last August, rte 66. Epic trip spoiled by COVID and riots!
Well, I don't know if I'd go that far. I probably didn't help myself on that trip because I missed a turnoff which added a couple of hours to the journey, and I played with a WRX STI for about 20 miles through the mountains in Tennessee. For some reason she doesn't care for that if she isn't
driving.

Glad you and your family are all recovered from the nasty virus.

Thanks Mike!
I know you are, I meant Bruce! :p lololol

Speaking of, I need to call the hotel again. I got a confirmation # over the phone when I booked but I have now called five times to get a confirmation email and still nothing. Don't want to show up with no email confirmation on file and have them say they are booked. Going to call again and look for others, just-in-case.
No I meant yes to bruce come join us! It would be almost epic!

Thanks Mike!

No I meant yes to bruce come join us! It would be almost epic!
I know and yes it would!
Ok, what reunion and when? I would love to go but that depends on when the border opens.
The annual Miata Reunion, normally held out West, is coming to the East coast. Going to be at New Jersey Motorsports Park on October 23rd and 24th.

I would hope the borders are open by then.

https://miatareunion.com/

Back