Rear Hatch not opening

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
The rear hatch will not open any of the three ways. Pushing the button on the hatch, pushing the button on the fob or
trying to open with the dash button while the car is off, in park and all doors are unlocked.

Does anybody know if the fuse that controls the rear hatch also controls other things?

All the other doors lock/unlock normally.

What happens when you try to open the hatch? Does the car just beep at you? Does the hatch sound like it's trying to open?

My hatch had frozen shut once, and I tried to open it using the keyfob. Tried a few times until the car would just beep at me. Power lift gate actuator did not sound like it was working when I pressed the button. Turns out the fuse blew. After replacing it, everything went back to normal. On my CX-9, there is one fuse dedicated to liftgate operation. Not sure about the CX-5.

Upvote 0
What happens when you try to open the hatch? Does the car just beep at you? Does the hatch sound like it's trying to open?

My hatch had frozen shut once, and I tried to open it using the keyfob. Tried a few times until the car would just beep at me. Power lift gate actuator did not sound like it was working when I pressed the button. Turns out the fuse blew. After replacing it, everything went back to normal. On my CX-9, there is one fuse dedicated to liftgate operation. Not sure about the CX-5.
Nothing happens, no beep. Red light illuminates on the fob.

I'll search for a fuse tomorrow. Hopefully it's the fuse and I can avoid a trip to the dealer.

Upvote 0
The rear hatch will not open any of the three ways. Pushing the button on the hatch, pushing the button on the fob or
trying to open with the dash button while the car is off, in park and all doors are unlocked.

Does anybody know if the fuse that controls the rear hatch also controls other things?

All the other doors lock/unlock normally.
My father had the same issue. After several attempts to repair it, the dealer was going to send it off to head office. End result and easy fix......the dealership opened the fob, cleaned, and replaced batteries. Works every time now.

Upvote 0
My father had the same issue. After several attempts to repair it, the dealer was going to send it off to head office. End result and easy fix......the dealership opened the fob, cleaned, and replaced batteries. Works every time now.
In my case I took it back to the dealer and they said they did a reset. If it happens again I will just disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Upvote 0
Back