What did you pay for your CX-5?

New mazda owner here, purchased in Nov. Compared to the other cars in this category, mazda had the better looks, both exterior and interior and features. Also, with a minor price increase and larger screen/newer infotainment system, I knew I wanted to get the 2021 model over the 2020.
Checked on truecar for avg prices. and just went to a few dealers.
Had my eyes set on 2021 GT AWD (Deep Crystal Blue Mica).
One had no 2021 in the lot (back in Oct.) and tired/wanted to sell a 2020 GTR for 38k.
Another one had a price of 33850 but wouldn't budge any lower.
3rd dealership started off high and quoted the truecar price as final, but did bargain a bit and ended up with 33250 OTD. Very happy with the purchase with a few minor gripes such as lack of storage up front, weird placement with cup holders/gear shifter, no light in glove compartment, poor lighting in cargo area, etc.

Also, just found this site out. Hopefully it helps with an average estimate of OTD price for new buyers.
https://yourautoadvocate.com/out-the-door-price/

Hi All I'm getting quotes in NJ for a Turbo AWD Carbon for $32,750. I'm sure it doesn't include doc fees. Anyone have any pricing experiences with these yet?
Here's a couple of listed prices that are lower than that from dealers that aren't too far away:

Just bought a white 2020 CX-5 GT AWD with no packages:

MSRP: 33,075
Dealership price: $28,789.27 (includes $2500 cash rebate)
Processing fee: $500
Tags: $147
Taxes: $1,214.73
Total OTD: $30,650.00

I emailed all the dealerships within a 50 miles radius and sent their quotes to each other. They were all very close to each other in offers, within a few hundred dollars. I'm awful at this negotiating thing but feel like I did an OK job.

This is my first Mazda and I'm super excited!!!

Just bought a white 2020 CX-5 GT AWD with no packages:

MSRP: 33,075
Dealership price: $28,789.27 (includes $2500 cash rebate)
Processing fee: $500
Tags: $147
Taxes: $1,214.73
Total OTD: $30,650.00

I emailed all the dealerships within a 50 miles radius and sent their quotes to each other. They were all very close to each other in offers, within a few hundred dollars. I'm awful at this negotiating thing but feel like I did an OK job.

This is my first Mazda and I'm super excited!!!
I did the same thing with quotes at first, then stopped...I noticed when I asked them to beat the price(s), they would be only around $20-100 less. I just started telling them to get to a certain price (within reason) and APR or I'm walking. Then nibble in extras, if they werent already included.

Soul Red 2020 CX-5 FWD GT with retractable cargo cover and roof rack side rails.
Purchase price 28400 + 600 doc fee + Tax and License with 0.0% APR. No trade-in.

Transaction was 90% via email and the dealer delivered the vehicle directly to my home. I never stepped foot into the dealership.

Right. Where I'm at its about 9pct. Car itself is $22k. Forgot to mention its an AWD. I noticed also cars up north are a bit pricier. No idea where. This is Cleveland. Thanks
Basically you're getting over 13% off the average list price in your area. Seems pretty good to me.

Hello,

I'm looking at a 21 Signature with several accessories. Dealer is offering 4% off + 1000 cashback.
$39K Sticker, $36,440.

Is this a decent deal? No trade-in or loyalty.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm looking at a 21 Signature with several accessories. Dealer is offering 4% off + 1000 cashback.
$39K Sticker, $36,440.

Is this a decent deal? No trade-in or loyalty.
Every situation is different, but depending on the accessories, could be a good deal. This is what experienced. I would have been just $1000 less because no accessories. I sourced all my accessories separately, over time, the big one being PPF, and the obligatory all weather mats from WeatherTech because that is what my wife wanted. She did not like the name Husky, even though it covered more of the dead pedal. It started when we got married, and bought a tv. Do you like this picture or that picture. Notice the colors, the contrast, the sharpness....her answer, I like this cabinet finish better....

On black Saturday (is there such a thing?) we paid the following. The deal was actually made over the phone on Wed before Thanksgiving. I think the dealer was trying to make a quota.

2021 Signature White, no accessories
-MSRP 38,505
-Sell Price 35,395 less 750 loyalty = 34,645
-0.9% financing used
-price is exclusive of dealer processing, taxes, tags, license, etc.
-timed to complete purchase just before month end
Lowest price of 7 dealers using a lowest price wins email solicitation and several follow-up calls to equalize the bids. Lots of game playing going on which usually resulted in higher pricing than the email offers.

Last edited:
I sourced all my accessories separately, over time, the big one being PPF, and the obligatory all weather mats from WeatherTech because that is what my wife wanted.
I have just started researching PPF. How much of your car did you get covered and how much did it cost?

I have just started researching PPF. How much of your car did you get covered and how much did it cost?
I did the following for $1200: using 3M Scotchguard Pro 10 year film
Partial Hood and Fenders
Full front bumper
Mirrors
4 Door Cups
4 Door Sills
Rear Bumper top
4 pieces each side piano black B and C pillars

You are mostly paying for labor and expertise, as the the tax on materials was $24 or about $400 for the film

$1800-2000 for full frontal is standard asking price here in Northern Virginia, $900-1000 is partial frontal. One installer I did not use, would do all of the above for full frontal price. Once you get a sense of the market, there are people that will deal.

I highly recommend PPF for protecting the car from rock chips, etc. I have been doing PPF since 2006 on different cars and it has been very protective, especially in everyday little mishaps, to say nothing of road debris.

I elected partial frontal due price and the fact that the SUV form factor means that the CX5 sits up a little higher, and I expect less debris to be thrown up.

For $200 extra because we did the above, about a week later, when we went back for a seam check:
50% (legal max) 3M ceramic tint front driver and passenger windows.

Last edited:
2021 Deep Crystal Blue Signature, no accessories
-MSRP $38,505
-Sale price $35,256.15 less $500 military = $34,756.15
-0.9% Mazda special financing used

Dealership was in Maryland, I was able to get the same deal in Delaware.
Date of sale : 1/8/2021

I would also say that back in 2009 I have a very bad experience with VentureShield. The film was crap, the finish becoming dull (on a black car) within 2 years. It was significantly cheaper at the time than 3M. 3M has since bought VentureShield some years ago. I can only hope they have changed the formulations. But over 10 years ago, I am sure the market has changed.

Back