2007~2015 Lowered CX-9

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
Been a long wait, but finally got the 9 lowered. I started researching this topic over a year ago when I first bought her, and bought the coils back in March. Life then threw me a curve ball, so I had to put this topic on the backburner. Thankfully I was able to get them installed this week (a Christmas present to myself).

For those that don't know, the most common way to lower the first gen's is with H&R coils for the Ford Edge, part #51605. They are spec'd to lower the vehicle 1.75" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.

I really like the look, and the ride is just a tad firmer, so all good.

Lower_006.JPG

Lower_025.JPG

Lower_024.JPG

Spec'd drop is 1.75"/1.5".
Net drop is 1.625"/1.25".

Very nice, thanks for sharing comparison pics...I like how H&R proudly states right below their logo..."100% Made in Germany". :)

Just checking in to see how the ride has been holding up with the springs? Any new noises or issues?

Just checking in to see how the ride has been holding up with the springs? Any new noises or issues?
I haven't been driving much lately due to medical injury, but I have put on about 300km or so since being lowered. Everything is the same; no new noises, height hasn't changed. All good. 👍

I haven't been driving much lately due to medical injury, but I have put on about 300km or so since being lowered. Everything is the same; no new noises, height hasn't changed. All good. 👍
Good to hear! I'm making plans to refresh the suspension on the wife's CX-9, and I'm planning on doing the springs, too.

Back