ICU Nurse (and 49 others) gifted a Mazda!

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada

Congratulations to Christie, who is one of 50 winners recognized by the Mazda Heroes program and a recipient of a 100th Anniversary Mazda Miata. Christie has also been awarded two Daisy Awards (a prestigious award in the nursing field).

Quote from MNAO President Jeff Guyton:

This year has been full of challenges and we wanted to lean into our brand's heritage of finding innovative ways to brighten people's lives. We were inspired to create the Mazda Heroes program to honor all those who are working tirelessly to uplift their own communities. We hope through Mazda's acknowledgement of their efforts, they'll feel empowered to continue to give back to those around them.

Other winners announced so far are Triana, a teacher, and Jason, a shop teacher. More details about the Mazda Heroes program can be found here.

With any luck, we might see these new owners as forum members soon!

This is a great program! I wonder if the winners can choose a different Mazda valued at the same price if they can't fit in the Miata. :)

I remember reading about this a few weeks ago. It is great that Mazda stepped up to help recognize these true heroes! It would be even better if other companies would do the same.

I remember reading about this a few weeks ago. It is great that Mazda stepped up to help recognize these true heroes! It would be even better if other companies would do the same.

Agreed, it would be great to see the bigger manufacturers follow up.

Also I changed the title as I'm not exactly sure that each winner gets a 100th Anniversary Miata.. I would imagine that they would be given the option to choose a different vehicle that fits their lifestyle, if necessary.

Indeed it would! How about grocery stores offering "insert dollar amount here" of free groceries, gas stations offering "X" amount of gallons of free gas. A new car is great but how about those everyday items that they need for their families?!

Each winner does get a 100AE Miata, as taken from Inside Mazda:

Through Mazda Heroes, Mazda North American Operations will select 50 deserving people from across the United States and provide each local hero with a special part of its history, a Mazda MX-5 Miata 100th Anniversary Special Edition.

I agree with you though about giving the winner an option to choose the vehicle for what best suits their needs.

Thanks for the confirmation on the gifted vehicle, @CTt3P5. I agree about grocery stores and gas stations offering more benefits for frontliners. I think there are some (a friend who runs a blood testing lab mentioned that he got a $50 gas card last week).

I sent in an application video. Figured pretty decent chances with giving away 50 vehicles and the entry period was less than 4 weeks [edit 20 days] and you had to submit a video (not just click a link or respond to an email). They were very quick about selecting the winners too. Just a few days after entry deadline the winners were selected (11/2/20) and announced 12/2/20.

Winners have their choice of not only a 100th Anniversary miata (your choice of trim) but also a big chunk of extra cash to pay for the taxes and what-not on top of it. The winner could chose to apply the value of the prize towards [edit an equal or less] expensive cx5 if they wish or donate the value of the prize to a charity of their choice.

I thought it was real nice of Mazda to be involved in this "Everyday Hero" program.

Last edited:
I sent in an application video. Figured pretty decent chances with giving away 50 vehicles and the entry period was less than 4 weeks and you had to submit a video (not just click a link or respond to an email). They were very quick about selecting the winners too. Just a few days after entry deadline the winners were selected (11/2/20) and announced 12/2/20.

Winners have their choice of not only a 100th Anniversary miata (your choice of trim) but also a big chunk of extra cash to pay for the taxes and what-not on top of it. The winner could chose to apply the value of the prize towards a more expensive cx5 if they wish or donate the value of the prize to a charity of their choice.

I thought it was real nice of Mazda to be involved in this "Everyday Hero" program.

That's great to know, thanks @HyFlyer!

I sent in an application video. Figured pretty decent chances with giving away 50 vehicles and the entry period was less than 4 weeks and you had to submit a video (not just click a link or respond to an email). They were very quick about selecting the winners too. Just a few days after entry deadline the winners were selected (11/2/20) and announced 12/2/20.

Winners have their choice of not only a 100th Anniversary miata (your choice of trim) but also a big chunk of extra cash to pay for the taxes and what-not on top of it. The winner could chose to apply the value of the prize towards a more expensive cx5 if they wish or donate the value of the prize to a charity of their choice.

Thank you very much for the extra info.! Had no idea they were throwing cash in to pay for the taxes or the alternate options.

Thank you very much for the extra info.! Had no idea they were throwing cash in to pay for the taxes or the alternate options.

You can read all about it if you like at ...

Mazda Heroes Contest Official Rules

The Prize description was section 5 and read (in part) ...

Each winning Nominee (“Winner”) will receive a new Mazda MX-5 Miata 100th Anniversary Special Edition (“Prize Vehicle”), plus $12,997 cash (awarded in the form of a check) intended to be used towards taxes, and a dealership credit of up to $3,575 towards sales tax, license, and registration fees (together, “Prize”). Approximate vehicle retail value (“ARV”): $35,750. Total of Each Prize Value: up to $52,322. Winners may be given the option of trading in the $35,750 ARV of the Prize Vehicle and using it towards the purchase of a 2021 Mazda CX-5 of equal or lesser value or donating $35,750 to a charitable organization of their choosing (subject to Sponsor approval). If a winner elects to trade in the $35,750 ARV of the Prize Vehicle and use it towards the purchase of a 2021 Mazda CX-5 of equal or lesser value or donate to a charitable organization, such winner will still receive $12,997 cash (awarded in the form of a check).

Real nice! Good job Mazda! I'll be looking forward to reading about the 50 winners as they are revealed at ...

https://www.mazdausa.com/mazda-heroes

Back