NAV Compass Question

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I have had the navigation card inserted in its slot since day one of ownership however I couldn't find a compass or detailed altitude info on it. Today I happened to remove the card and after pressing the NAV button I suddenly had a large compass on the screen as well as accurate altidudenal info down to one meter. Is there any way to reach this screen when the NAV card is inserted?

On the US specification cars the compass is visible in the gauge cluster although it is only active when the car is moving. To view altimeter readings you have to get into the Navigation settings, I forget which screen. I think it is My Location or something like that. And then it only shows altitude to the closest 1000 feet which isn't very accurate. It would be nice if the map display showed altitude all the time and was more accurate.

Upvote 0
My understanding is that the compass is only functional when the NAV card is removed.

This makes ZERO sense but it's not the first time that Mazda has done something that doesn't make any sense, probably won't be the last either...

Upvote 0
Well that's what I thought. No, makes no sense.
Maybe they figure your can determine your heading by looking at the map.

Or maybe because of the way the system is made. It gets input from the GPS or the compass and they don't have a way to put them together?

Upvote 0
It's too bad because the altimeter measures in increments down to a meter, maybe feet in the US.

Upvote 0
Back