New to Mazda, new owner of CX-5 Signature. Where is...

its funny if one got charged for nitro (some do) as well and tires are not inflated up to specs. if its free I get it, but if you paid for it with the car price its another topic.

I guess the coolant level is also on the low side :)

Because that's all the care "stealerships" take with your thirty plus thousand dollar purchase.

To stealerships I ask ... "How can you be trusted with much when you can't be trusted with little?"
I kind of agree.
For most of us, this is the biggest purchase (unless you have purchased a home) we'll make.
The least they could do after working you over for HOURS, and making you feel more-or-less violated once you've eventually signed the dotted line, is make sure everything is PERFECT for you to drive off.
Not to nitpick but my gas tank was only 3/4 filled when I drove it off the lot as well.
That sucker should have been topped off with premium!
I'm sure there are dealerships that do pay attention to details like this, but it should be standard practice.
Either way, I'm still very happy with my purchase!

The least they could do after working you over for HOURS, and making you feel more-or-less violated once you've eventually signed the dotted line, is make sure everything is PERFECT for you to drive off.
Not to nitpick but my gas tank was only 3/4 filled when I drove it off the lot as well.
That sucker should have been topped off with premium!
I'm sure there are dealerships that do pay attention to details like this, but it should be standard practice.
Either way, I'm still very happy with my purchase!

I don't know how common this is. I know that wasn't my experience.. I spent less than an hour in the dealership total, and most of that time was spent in the F&I office negotiating extras like Added Protection and PPF. The buying experience should be what you want it to be - they want your money, but you're the only one who can give it to them, so you hold all the cards. I'd never buy a car if I felt that I was being strong-armed into the purchase.

The PDI process is indeed standard practice. The problem is that the person doing the PDI isn't doing their job properly for whatever reason.

Anyway, back to the question of folding mirrors. The online manual for the 2020 CX-5 states the following (italicized text is my interpretation):

Automatic folding function (Some Models)

The automatic folding function operates when the ignition is switched to OFF. Meaning the auto-fold function only works when the car is off - the fold-in behaviour isn't triggered by the ignition.

When the outside mirror switch is in a position other than the fold-in position, the outside mirrors automatically fold in and out when the doors are locked and unlocked.

Also, when the ignition is switched ON or the engine is started, the outside mirrors fold out automatically. Switching the ignition on will trigger the fold-out behaviour if the mirrors are folded in.

All this to say, the automatic fold-in behaviour works solely off of the locking the door.

I also have a Toyota and coupling Toyota's Entune sat-nav with my cell phone was no bueno. I can see why the OP seemed a little worried at first.

Glad you got it figured out! 👍

Regarding tire pressure fresh off the truck. Finally got time and remembered to check the tire pressure on the CX-5 Signature I purchased 10 days ago. All four tires were 47 pounds of pressure +- 1/2 pound. Dropped the pressure to 35 PSI. The compact spare was 59.5 PSI, close enough to 60 to not break out the air compressor.

Thanks for that tip!

My metal license plates arrived today and I note that while the supplied plastic plate holder (Mazda? Dealer?) for the front bumper had self-tapping screws for mounting the holder to the bumper, there were no screws for mounting the license plate to the holder.

As it appears I will need to purchase these screws, can anyone tell me what size (width and length) I need to buy? I'm assuming stainless ...

My metal license plates arrived today and I note that while the supplied plastic plate holder (Mazda? Dealer?) for the front bumper had self-tapping screws for mounting the holder to the bumper, there were no screws for mounting the license plate to the holder.

As it appears I will need to purchase these screws, can anyone tell me what size (width and length) I need to buy? I'm assuming stainless ...
I replaced my dealer logo holder and the new ones had screws included. Probably not stainless though. They had license plate screws on the rack near the holder kits.

Stainless or zinc-coated would be fine.

I think they're M6 with 1mm pitch, 14mm length. I would buy one and see if it works in the parking lot, and if it does I'd buy the other one. You could also ask an associate if you can take a couple of differently-screws out to your car to see which ones fit before you buy them, assuming they are able to go out to your car with you.

I noticed the Signature brochure states, 'Unique overhead console with LED room light and down light' whereas all other trims states 'overhead console with sunglass holder' - does the signature overhead have a sunglass holder?

I noticed the Signature brochure states, 'Unique overhead console with LED room light and down light' whereas all other trims states 'overhead console with sunglass holder' - does the signature overhead have a sunglass holder?
Yes, the 2020 CX-5 Signature does have a flip down sunglasses holder in the center of the overhead console.

I thought I had read somewhere that there was a way to do "split screen" on the Nav/Audio/etc. screen, but I can't seem to find that now. Is there a way to do this?

I thought I had read somewhere that there was a way to do "split screen" on the Nav/Audio/etc. screen, but I can't seem to find that now. Is there a way to do this?

Had my GTR for 2 months now and still haven't figured this one out...if it's possible, would love to know as well!

Signatures sold in Colombia require oil changes at 5000 kilometer intervals. That's 3106 miles. Seems awfully frequent by US or European standards. I don't mind though since I cover almost two miles of dirt road daily.

Signatures sold in Colombia require oil changes at 5000 kilometer intervals. That's 3106 miles. Seems awfully frequent by US or European standards. I don't mind though since I cover almost two miles of dirt road daily.

I'm guessing what I bolded is the reason for the frequency in Columbia.

Not necessarily. Most Signatures sold here are driven on city streets and paved highways. It's the Willys Jeeps and Nissan Patrols that handle the rough stuff. But perhaps Mazda considers that Signatures here could be driven on rough roads more so than in other countries thus make that maintenance stipulation.

Does Columbia use full synthetic oil, or do they use dino juice? Changing at 3,106 miles is old school.

I believe the owner's manuals for the 2.5T CX-5 (in all regions) do not specify that the oil has to be synthetic, so the OCIs are based on using conventional oil that meets their standards. That could be part of the reason for the shorter interval.

Back