Mazda MX-30 Coming to Canada in 2021

Thanks for the share...Good to know and excellent point about the lack of information regarding which types will be introduced.

I'm really interested to see how the range extender system performs in the real world. Hopefully owners (of any type) will join up here and share their experiences! 😁

Thanks for the share...Good to know and excellent point about the lack of information regarding which types will be introduced.

I'm really interested to see how the range extender system performs in the real world. Hopefully owners (of any type) will join up here and share their experiences! 😁

Some more bits of information today. Apparently it's coming full EV, which is good news, as most likely the RE won't be available until 2022+

https://motorillustrated.com/fully-electric-mazda-mx-30-confirmed-for-canada/61127/

Some more bits of information today. Apparently it's coming full EV, which is good news, as most likely the RE won't be available until 2022+

More info, thanks! (y)

So we're sure there will be 3 variants ultimately...Hybrid, EV and EV RE. Not fun to have to wait until 2022+ for the EV RE. :( Still, looking forward to read about life with the Hybrid and EV variants in the meantime.

I hope this is only the beginning of models to come. Mazda will need something like a CX-5 EV to compete with Tesla Model Y, Volvo XC Recharge, Mustang Mach E, Nissan Ariya and of course with optional AWD. This is where the market is going. Other manufacturers will join soon (Subaru/Toyota, Chevrolet/Cadillac, etc.).

Before buying my CX-5 last November, I've looked at some EV because we have up to $13,000 in government rebates in the province of Quebec. Still too much money for a small FWD hatchback, so I passed. Battery prices are supposed to drop in the near future so we'll see then; someone said the current popular "affordable" offering (Bolt, Kona, Leaf, Niro, Soul) are basically a $20,000 car with a $20,000 battery and he was talking US $!!! Here North of the border we're talking $50,000+...

I would love an EV; no need to warm up the engine (just floor it right away!) , super quiet, lots of torque, no oil change/oil dilution/carbon build-up, less maintenance, etc. I just don't want to spend so much money for the little mileage I do now, basically getting groceries and going cycling and x/c skiing nearby. I live in a snow country so good ground clearance and AWD are a must.

I hope this is only the beginning of models to come.
It is...I believe Mazda has multiple strategies including possibly utilizing a shared EV platform with other manufactures as well as their own. It's likely we will see more collaboration with Toyota as well.

Remember that Mazda has what could be a real ace up their sleeve...The Rotary Range Extender. I'm not certain but I think the MX-30 EV is Mazda's own system.

Back