ND MX-5 2020 Grand Touring

I have a question about backup camera warning on the Grand Touring. The Miata seems to have all the bells and whistles BUT I do not seem to have a front or back warning signal. I have beeps for everything else blind spot, cross traffic etc etc. The manual shows them but the fine print says “some models” however I cannot find it as a separate option. Has anyone noticed this problem?

Hmmm good question, I wonder if it has to do with the region you purchased your Miata in..? Are there visible sensors on the front and rear bumpers?

Hmmm good question, I wonder if it has to do with the region you purchased your Miata in..? Are there visible sensors on the front and rear bumpers?
There are larger sensors in back although not sure just what to look for. It was purchased in Maryland. Funny but even the manual uses the back of the Miata as example. There is also a square tab in the painted metal which I think may have to do with Skyactive somehow. Thing is it gives a beep with cross traffic and spot mirrors etc. cannot believe that there are no forward or backup warnings. Someone mentioned the activation switch could be in trunk? Any ideas are appreciated.

The parking sensors typically are little circle like shown here in the owner manual. These are usually not hidden and clearly visible.

i don’t see parking sensors on the specifications sheet for 2020 Miata in the US. I don’t think they are available even thought the owner manual seems to indicate otherwise.

1601923167882.png

Last edited:
Back