Heated rear view mirrors an option?

:
2016 CX-5
Does anyone know if this is an option on the new CX30? On some other Mazdas when you activate the rear defroster it also heats up the rear view mirrors, I find this very useful when the mirrors are iced up or raining.

Not knowing where you're from, it's difficult to say but here in Europe heated side mirrors are standard on all versions.

For the US version, its not listed in the brochure or online. Another forum says heated mirrors are not included on any trim level of the US CX-30, and I seem to recall a youtube reviewer saying the same thing.

Yes in EU when you activate the rear defroster it also heats up the side rear view mirrors.

And now heated mirrors do not appear to be available on 2021 models in the U.S. either. U.S. marketing department hates us.

Rumors say there will be three new 2021 CX-30 trims with turbo. None with heated mirrors. Heated steering wheel on the top two of those three trims. Don't quote me, though.

Last edited:
And now heated mirrors do not appear to be available on 2021 models in the U.S. either. U.S. marketing department hates us.

Rumors say there will be three new 2021 CX-30 trims with turbo. None with heated mirrors. Heating steering wheel on the top two of those three trims. Don't quote me, though.
Good to know, thanks for the share!

Rumors say there will be three new 2021 CX-30 trims with turbo. None with heated mirrors. Heating steering wheel on the top two of those three trims. Don't quote me, though.
I find that incredibly difficult to believe.
Heated side mirrors that are activated when turning on the rear window defroster has been standard fare across the industry for years.
I don't know of any modern vehicle that does not have this feature.
Why on earth would Mazda eliminate it? Doesn't make sense.

In Canada, I could not see the heated mirrors in the spec sheet but the rear defroster wasn’t on the sheet either. Canadian owner manual for 2020 cx-30 seems to indicate it is available however.

Mirror Defogger (Some Models)
The mirror defoggers defrost the outside mirrors.

The mirror defoggers operate in conjunction with the rear window defogger.
To turn on the mirror defoggers, switch the ignition ON and press the rear window defogger switch (Search).

I see the same "Mirror Defogger (Some Models)" language in an online .pdf version of the manual from the mazdausa.com site. This manual seems to apply to U.S. and Canada both.

So far, I've not seen the feature listed on Mazda's site, on a dealer's site, or on either of two Premium trim window stickers - one from a 2020 and one from a 2021.

The rumors I mentioned were from a youtube dealer video which described the upcoming CX-30 Turbo models with changes that are expected.

If someone here can say they've seen the ice melt or the fog vanish on their mirrors on a U.S. CX-30, I'd be glad to hear it. I'm not surprised Canada has heated mirrors, though. Mazda wouldn't be able to sell many cars there without that feature.

My cx-9 has heated mirror without the symbol on them. Figuring out which model has it may not be that easy

So far, I've not seen the feature listed on Mazda's site, on a dealer's site, or on either of two Premium trim window stickers - one from a 2020 and one from a 2021.
My gut says that this feature has been standard across the industry long enough that it doesn't really need to be listed on an option sheet anymore.
I was looking at the specs on a BMW X1 that my son just bought.
No mention anywhere on BMW sites about rear defrost or heated mirrors. It's a given.
Sort of like power windows and intermittent wipers. No need to list that kind of stuff anymore.

Last edited:
I agree the feature should be standard by now, but ...

From the MazdaUsa website

2020 CX-5 Grand Touring (Exterior Features)
  • Body-colored heated power side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators
2020 CX-30 Premium (Exterior Features)
  • Body-colored folding, power side mirrors with integrated turn signals and memory positioning
2021 CX-30 Premium (Exterior Features)
  • Body-colored folding, power side mirrors with integrated turn signals, memory positioning and tilt-in-reverse function
MazdaUsa has its share of errors, so I still hope to find a USA owner who has seen heated CX-30 mirrors in operation.

Going with my gut again, but if the CX-30 has body-coloured, power folding, with memory positioning mirrors, I just can't see that they wouldn't be heated as well.
If you find out for sure, let us know.

It seems we have the answer now for the U.S. market. According to mazdausa.com, heated side mirrors do come with the 2.5 Turbo and higher trims:
  • Black dual folding, heated power side mirrors with integrated turn signals and memory function

It seems we have the answer now for the U.S. market. According to mazdausa.com, heated side mirrors do come with the 2.5 Turbo and higher trims:
  • Black dual folding, heated power side mirrors with integrated turn signals and memory function
Excellent, thanks for the confirmation! 👍

Kill me now. MazdaUsa now has a different presentation of the various trims here:

https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/2021-cx-30/compare-vehicle-specs-and-trims

and I can no longer find the heated power side mirrors in any trim description, turbo or not. Take a look for yourself under "Exterior - Side Mirrors".

It says "Black, power side mirrors with integrated turn signals, memory positioning and tilt-in-reverse function" for all turbo trims, and the same for the Premium non-turbo trim, with the exception that those mirrors are body-colored.

Compare this to the CX-5 Premium non-turbo: "Body-colored heated power side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators

My challenge remains: Can anyone in the US Market confirm any trim of CX-30 with functioning heated side mirrors?

Kill me now. MazdaUsa now has a different presentation of the various trims here:

https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/2021-cx-30/compare-vehicle-specs-and-trims

and I can no longer find the heated power side mirrors in any trim description, turbo or not. Take a look for yourself under "Exterior - Side Mirrors".

It says "Black, power side mirrors with integrated turn signals, memory positioning and tilt-in-reverse function" for all turbo trims, and the same for the Premium non-turbo trim, with the exception that those mirrors are body-colored.

Compare this to the CX-5 Premium non-turbo: "Body-colored heated power side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators

My challenge remains: Can anyone in the US Market confirm any trim of CX-30 with functioning heated side mirrors?

Way late to the game on this but my 2022 T PPT Monroney Sticker indicates heat side mirrors.

BLACK HEATED POWER SIDE MIRRORS W/TURN LAMPS AND TILT IN REVERSE

Back