Continental CrossContact LX25 vs Michelin CrossClimate SUV (17 inch)?

Digbicks1234

16.5 CX-5 Touring/2023 CX-9 Touring
I was wondering if anyone owns either tire and would be willing to offer a review.

I currently have the Goodyear Assurance All Season tires and it's good but I'm looking for an upgrade.

I love my LX25's. Good in every way. I have a little over 30K miles on them, now, and still have a small bit of the "S" left on all 4 tires. Considering I drive semi-aggressively and have the turbo model, that's pretty awesome! Rotated every 5k miles except for a couple of times when all wear was 100% even.

I was wondering if anyone owns either tire and would be willing to offer a review.

I currently have the Goodyear Assurance All Season tires and it's good but I'm looking for an upgrade.

Have LX25s and am happy. Had LX20s before they came out with new version and think they were ever so slightly quieter but 25s have stiffer sidewalls and handle a little better IMHO. Still not performance tires, but the grip in the wet and smow is great and worth the compromises.

i had the lx20’s about halfway worn when i got 2 punctures, i replaced them with crossclimate suv.

i will say that the new michelins are louder than the half worn contis.

i liked the lx20’s and im sure the lx25s are better but the crossclimates are sportier (relatively) with better feel and quicker turn in.

Update (11/27):

First impression after replacing my Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires today with the Michelin Crossclimate SUV:
  1. Rides a lot higher than before but this is obvious as there is more tread
  2. Ride quality is WAYYYYY smoother over bumps and imperfections. I used to feel every single crevice of the road on the Goodyear and it was nuts. Could be that I had my PSI super high as well but I have my PSI set to 40/50 on the Michelin's and they feel perfect.
  3. Cornering/straight line performance feels the same if not slightly better
  4. Braking distance is noticeably reduced but it could be that because there is more tread as well
  5. Road noise maybe a hair louder than the Goodyears but similar
Haven't tested yet:
  1. Performance in the rain/snow
So far, I am very pleased with these set of tires. I still haven't gotten used to them or found the limits to them yet so I may update this thread once I get more miles in.

Here is my alignment spec sheet for anyone interested:

8/3/19
20190803_195217.jpg

Initial Alignment (11/27/20)

20201127_104719.jpg

Post Alignment (11/27/20)
Post Alignment.png

Last edited:
CrossClimate2 is out.
Tech explained here.

Where I live, it does not snow.
I usually go for High/Ultra Performance All Season.

CrossClimate2 is out.
Tech explained here.

Where I live, it does not snow.
I usually go for High/Ultra Performance All Season.

What sucks is that the crossclimate+ and crossclimate 2 isn't available for the CX-5 when I checked, only the SUV version.

Update (11/27):

First impression after replacing my Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires today with the Michelin Crossclimate SUV:
  1. Rides a lot higher than before but this is obvious as there is more tread
  2. Ride quality is WAYYYYY smoother over bumps and imperfections. I used to feel every single crevice of the road on the Goodyear and it was nuts. Could be that I had my PSI super high as well but I have my PSI set to 40/50 on the Michelin's and they feel perfect.
  3. Cornering/straight line performance feels the same if not slightly better
  4. Braking distance is noticeably reduced but it could be that because there is more tread as well
  5. Road noise maybe a hair louder than the Goodyears but similar
Haven't tested yet:
  1. Performance in the rain/snow
So far, I am very pleased with these set of tires. I still haven't gotten used to them or found the limits to them yet so I may update this thread once I get more miles in.

Here is my alignment spec sheet for anyone interested:

8/3/19
View attachment 233257

Initial Alignment (11/27/20)

View attachment 233258

Post Alignment (11/27/20)
View attachment 233259
40/50 psi is way too high. all you're doing is reducing your traction, causing more wear on the center of the tires, and giving yourself a rougher ride. please set them to the door tag psi (cold) and see how that works

What sucks is that the crossclimate+ and crossclimate 2 isn't available for the CX-5 when I checked, only the SUV version.
You might consider 235/55/19; they are a more common size, thus more options and cheaper than the factory 225/55/19. The speed will read not quite 1MPH HIGH when the tires are new.

Last edited:
You might consider 235/55/19; they are a more common size, thus more options and cheaper than the factory 225/55/19. The speed will read not quit 1MPH HIGH when the tires are new.

I would love to but I unfortunately have the 17 inch model stock tires and I won't be able to install any 19 inch any time soon :)

Reactions: AVC
40/50 psi is way too high. all you're doing is reducing your traction, causing more wear on the center of the tires, and giving yourself a rougher ride. please set them to the door tag psi (cold) and see how that works

I'm definitely playing around with the tire PSI to see where is the best balance for fun and comfort. I dropped them down to 36 and it feels much better so we'll see where 33-35 gets me.

New tires have a break-in period, This is what Continental says about it:

New tires have to be driven a few hundred miles on dry roads to rid the tread of parting agents and antioxidants applied during production. Not until the tread has been slightly roughened will the tire be able to make its true gripping power felt.
What's more, flooring it and slamming on the brakes can cause tire/rim slip in the first few hundred miles of tire use. That's because the lubricant used in mounting the tire has an initial tendency to reduce the adherence of these two parts.
You are thus well advised to exercise care with new tires. And keep in mind that winter tires fresh out of the factory will need a bit of time to attain full winter suitability.

New tires have a break-in period, This is what Continental says about it:
Good find, didn't know that tires had a burn in period. I had about 480-490 miles onto the tires before I posted this update but it could change in the next few thousand miles. Certain pavements make the Michelin's louder than others in the wet conditions as opposed to my Goodyears even in the very first few hundred miles.

I too had the LX25's and the CC2's on the top of my watchlist but after comparing the ratings on Tire Rack I opted for the 19" Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3's (first released in 2021), which so far have proven to be an excellent choice. P.S. I didn't need the winter tire advantage of the CC2's as I run separate winter tires (17").

Last edited:
Back