Bought new in January, hated it by July

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsho13

Banned
going from a 300 horsepower v6 to a 2.5 l for cylinder turbo with a fake cut out. I need to know what I can do to make this thing tolerable for the long haul. it's a slug... Don't want to sell it, considering just giving it to my kid when she's old enough to drive to be honest. The only thing I could possibly compare this to is my 1998 4 cylinder Jetta and I think it had 115 horsepower no turbo. help

I think the best bet is to test drive before buying next time. The CX-5 has never been a fast car...you can't really hate on it for doing what every review on the internet says it'll do.

Mazda's sporty days have been over since 2012 when the RX-8 and Mazdaspeed 3 were axed. 😶

Sorry, what year is it? The 2017+ n/a is one of the fasted in its class. I am kind of amazed that you went from a 300hp car, test drove one with 187hp and bought it not noticing the difference.

I think the best bet is to test drive before buying next time. The CX-5 has never been a fast car...you can't really hate on it for doing what every review on the internet says it'll do.

Mazda's sporty days have been over since 2012 when the RX-8 and Mazdaspeed 3 were axed. 😶

I did, but my wife and sales dude were in the car... UG. Never had a chance to turn it out. Don't need "fast", but I need somewhat faster. going from a 2010 that was loaded for it times, to a 2019 that's mostly loaded sold me on the technology... I trusted in the engine but clearly was wrong.

Last edited:
Sorry, what year is it? The 2017+ n/a is one of the fasted in its class. I am kind of amazed that you went from a 300hp car, test drove one with 187hp and bought it not noticing the difference.

2019, and me too... The engine on the 2010 V6 Accord literally blew out of the bottom, it was a total. Sold it to my mechanic in March and he has yet to drive it. I somehow thought Turbo would get me through this, I was so wrong. This thing is best suited for my 13 year old. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep::sleep::sleep:

You need faster but not fast? 0-60 in 6.5 would by most standards "seem faster". Even the 2020 WRX Sti is only about .5 sec (around 6 seconds) faster 0-60 so not sure what you're looking for, unless you have to be "that guy" who has to beat everyone else off the light to be first on the on-ramp.

You want a 5.5 second car? Get the Q50

:sleep::sleep::sleep:
You need faster but not fast? 0-60 in 6.5 would by most standards "seem faster". Even the 2020 WRX Sti is only about .5 sec (around 6 seconds) faster 0-60 so not sure what you're looking for, unless you have to be "that guy" who has to beat everyone else off the light to be first on the on-ramp.

You want a 5.5 second car? Get the Q50
no i i'm not that guy, but this thing just i not up to snuff thus far. perhaps it does need to be handed down or traded in. stinks, somewhat nice interior.

lol c'mon now. The sti gets to 60 in well under 5.5 seconds. Closer to 4.

going from a 300 horsepower v6 to a 2.5 l for cylinder turbo with a fake cut out. I need to know what I can do to make this thing tolerable for the long haul. it's a slug... Don't want to sell it, considering just giving it to my kid when she's old enough to drive to be honest. The only thing I could possibly compare this to is my 1998 4 cylinder Jetta and I think it had 115 horsepower no turbo. help

This poster is either a Troll, or was sold a GTR/Sig with a replacement engine. If the latter, take it back to the dealer and demand a replacement.

good joke indeed.
I used to have jetta mark.6 - 2.5 v5 160+ bhp and it was slower than my current cx5 2.5 non turbo.
used to have ford with the ecoboost 2.0 turbo and that was on par with the cx5 turbo that I tested recently. but not slow by any means.

if the 2.5 turbo cx5 is too slow, one could trade it in for a v6 gaz guzzler. I am sure some dealer would be very happy.

Last edited:
Thread closed. This isn't going to end well even though the Members who responded were trying to help initially...Unfortunately, it has become clear that the OP is not actually seeking assistance.

This is a good time to mention one of our Site Rules...

The act of intentionally posting inflammatory threads or replies for no other purpose than inciting or provoking others, also known as "trolling", is strictly prohibited. Mazdas247 has a zero tolerance policy towards trolling, meaning users who engage in such activity can be immediately and permanently banned without warning.

Goodbye @nsho13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back