New wheel & tire day!

:
'16 CX-9, '19 GTI
Just installed a set of Flow One F3 19x8.5 wheels and Vredestein Quatrac Pro 255/55R19 tires. I'm really happy with how they look. And, incredibly, each corner is about 9# lighter than the OEM 18" set up, which especially remarkable because the OEM tires are down to around 4/32 - 5/32". I can't wait to drive them to see how they feel and what the fuel economy looks like.

DSC_0818 PSP web.jpg

Here's a wide shot. Even after only a few dozen miles it's obvious that these tires have a much quieter ride than the OE Yokos. They handle small pavement imperfections with noticeably less noise than the Yokos. The braking and handling is fine, but it's too early for me to push them. I'll report back once I get past the break-in period.

20200912_104435.jpg

Nice pic!
Do you actually feel the difference regarding handling?
I am considering update my mine too. Thx

Last edited:
Here's a wide shot. Even after only a few dozen miles it's obvious that these tires have a much quieter ride than the OE Yokos. They handle small pavement imperfections with noticeably less noise than the Yokos. The braking and handling is fine, but it's too early for me to push them. I'll report back once I get past the break-in period.

View attachment 227013
That's the great thing about new tires, they are almost always smoother than whatever the old tires were, with the tread worn down and the rubber hardened up from old age.
Not saying that your new Vredesteins aren't a better tire than the Yoko's (which I also still have on my 2019 Touring, same color), but the new-tire effect is the tire dealer's friend.
I have to say they look good on your car. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Just installed a set of Flow One F3 19x8.5 wheels and Vredestein Quatrac Pro 255/55R19 tires. I'm really happy with how they look. And, incredibly, each corner is about 9# lighter than the OEM 18" set up, which especially remarkable because the OEM tires are down to around 4/32 - 5/32". I can't wait to drive them to see how they feel and what the fuel economy looks like.

View attachment 226903
hi mate, is it possible to put the Mazda Centre caps on the wheels? It might look genuinely.

That's the great thing about new tires, they are almost always smoother than whatever the old tires were, with the tread worn down and the rubber hardened up from old age.
Not saying that your new Vredesteins aren't a better tire than the Yoko's (which I also still have on my 2019 Touring, same color), but the new-tire effect is the tire dealer's friend.
I have to say they look good on your car. Enjoy!

Could be. And memory is a tricky thing, but I feel like the Yokos were never quiet riding.

Back