What have you done to your CX-5 today?

What's your reasoning for using the 93 octane at every fill up and the 110 octane after an oil change?
higher octane (93) is more likely to maintain nominal power under adverse combustion conditions(and allow more aggressive timing, with less knock count).. in basics. Not sure about the 110, although the reasoning is the same, this engine doesn't rev high enough for me to want to buy that in a N/A engine.

I did a thing today, inspired by RedBaron https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...ng-things-in-your-cx-5.123872399/post-6691347

In my '19 GTR, I couldn't stand the instantaneous filth on the piano black of the gear selection plate, so I disassembled and covered it with some wood grain made for covering furniture.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I don't speak any Russian, but disassembly was easy enough to follow along here:

pictures show some of the disassembly, the finished product, and comparison to the stock trim on the dash.
20200920_134549.jpg
20200920_134820.jpg
20200920_141915.jpg
20200920_152109.jpg
20200920_152115.jpg

I installed a megan racing h brace, i think it complements the strut tower bar installed a few months back. the front end just feels more solid.

i originally wanted to also install a poly urethane filled rear motor mount but i could not get the mount off. corksports instructions were to slide the mount up to remove but the there’s no room with the awd case in the way.

for those with awd that have replaced the rear motor mount, how did you do it?

i also completed the tuning process with ovtuning about two weeks ago. unfortunately im not driving around much these days to enjoy the extra power every day.

Attachments

• DE45ACC0-DFCE-4B19-AE97-5DE88EA53F97.jpeg
    DE45ACC0-DFCE-4B19-AE97-5DE88EA53F97.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
I installed a megan racing h brace, i think it complements the strut tower bar installed a few months back. the front end just feels more solid.

i originally wanted to also install a poly urethane filled rear motor mount but i could not get the mount off. corksports instructions were to slide the mount up to remove but the there’s no room with the awd case in the way.

for those with awd that have replaced the rear motor mount, how did you do it?

i also completed the tuning process with ovtuning about two weeks ago. unfortunately im not driving around much these days to enjoy the extra power every day.

That looks easy to install!!! Price and from where?

That looks easy to install!!! Price and from where?
i got it from ebay, i think around $89 shipped

it took a little finagling to fit but i was able to slide the bolts in without using a jack to flatten out the bar as some mazda3 users have reported

i got it from ebay, i think around $89 shipped

it took a little finagling to fit but i was able to slide the bolts in without using a jack to flatten out the bar as some mazda3 users have reported

Cool....if you find any install links be sure to post. Pretty sure others are interested.

I did a thing today, inspired by RedBaron https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...ng-things-in-your-cx-5.123872399/post-6691347

In my '19 GTR, I couldn't stand the instantaneous filth on the piano black of the gear selection plate, so I disassembled and covered it with some wood grain made for covering furniture.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I don't speak any Russian, but disassembly was easy enough to follow along here:

pictures show some of the disassembly, the finished product, and comparison to the stock trim on the dash.
View attachment 227143View attachment 227144View attachment 227145View attachment 227146View attachment 227147
Looks incredibly good

Thinking about doing the same.

Any advice?

I drilled two holes in the bumper cover, from what I saw, zip ties were the only option. Unless of course, you created a custom mount for it. There was literally nothing except the crash bar to mount it to otherwise.

A small piece of paint protection film over the bumper plug should do the trick. If and when you need to remove the bumper plug for transporting the vehicle on a flat bed it will be a bit more tricky to get the vinyl off, but you wont loose the piece.

Semi related reading...There are some good gems in these threads...

Not exactly done to my cx-5, but picked up a 2021 grand touring cx9 for the wife. Loving it so far

Attachments

• 68AA180B-D288-4188-9BBC-412D05E1B86B.jpeg
    68AA180B-D288-4188-9BBC-412D05E1B86B.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 199
Back