How many actual miles on a new car?

Speaking for myself - moving forward, during the negotiating period make the amount of miles on odometer an upfront requirement. Seems like if you don’t they will give you the oldest new car on the lot.

Three miles on the odo when I bought our CX.
Same.
14517FE7-524E-4430-A274-CDECFF6B2008.jpeg

Does it matter? Depends on how much you want the feeling of “my ass was the only ass to ever sit in this seat”.

I mean, that’s kind of how I justify to myself the nonsensicalness of not buying a vehicle just off lease with 15,000 miles on it for many thousands of dollars less.

Both figuratively and literally in this case, “Your Milage May Vary”.

I was told (though this was quite a few years back) that you had to drive the car off the dealer's lot to "take delivery". Up to that point the car wasn't officially sold. YMMV

I didn’t ‘officially’ take delivery of my vehicle until after my salesperson handed me the keys after following me back to the place I needed to drop off my rental car. During that trip, she used the dealer plates (I didn’t have to ask, but that was important to me because if she was in an accident, I didn’t want to be the one on the hook for it).

My temp tags went on after I dropped off the rental, and it was then officially mine as I drove her back to the dealership.

This being said, I got that warranty, too, and it's about to absorb the $750 for a mirror motor replacement, lol! 100K more warrantied miles to go... :)
With any luck, you'll have a bunch more problems in the near future, so you can feel good about getting your money's worth!

With any luck, you'll have a bunch more problems in the near future, so you can feel good about getting your money's worth!
Oh, I will. Media system crashed 3x on the way home from San Antonio. Wonder what a new one costs, rofl! It's got another 4ish years to fully die and we can all find out :p

Same. View attachment 227033

Does it matter? Depends on how much you want the feeling of “my ass was the only ass to ever sit in this seat”.

I mean, that’s kind of how I justify to myself the nonsensicalness of not buying a vehicle just off lease with 15,000 miles on it for many thousands of dollars less.

Both figuratively and literally in this case, “Your Milage May Vary”.
Haha! You realize they pressure wash, road test on rolling track, and take over a very rough uneven actual track for rattles and squeaks that would scare you, before they ever hit transport from the factory on most cars...

My car had less than four miles on it when I got it. Obviously, a couple other butts have sat in it ... but only with the seats still wrapped up in plastic.

Had the faulty liftgate module replaced yesterday. Seeing the mechanics crawling all over my car ... it felt almost like being violated. And every time one of the sloppy bastards palmed one of my doors open or closed without using the door handles ... or did this:

7FDF2883-F10D-48BE-8CD3-392F6FED8CC5.jpeg

I wanted to punch them. Yeah, it’s not an Aston Martin ... but it IS a brand new car, and obviously very clean, so what the f—- are you doing leaning up on it and leaving all sorts of dirty finger and palm prints and your gross head sweat on it? Like, dudes, I’m standing right here.

Took me 20 minutes to clean up after these jerks.

Oh, I will. Media system crashed 3x on the way home from San Antonio. Wonder what a new one costs, rofl! It's got another 4ish years to fully die and we can all find out :p

Make sure it’s updated. You can DIY it with resources here.

Also, remember BACK + NAV + MUTE.

It’s the Mazda infotainment version of CONTROL+ALT+DELETE.

My car had less than four miles on it when I got it. Obviously, a couple other butts have sat in it ... but only with the seats still wrapped up in plastic.

Had the faulty liftgate module replaced yesterday. Seeing the mechanics crawling all over my car ... it felt almost like being violated. And every time one of the sloppy bastards palmed one of my doors open or closed without using the door handles ... or did this:

View attachment 227098

I wanted to punch them. Yeah, it’s not an Aston Martin ... but it IS a brand new car, and obviously very clean, so what the f—- are you doing leaning up on it and leaving all sorts of dirty finger and palm prints and your gross head sweat on it? Like, dudes, I’m standing right here.

Dealer swung a lift arm into my new 370z that my detailer had just wrapped in PPF. Went through that, and the clear. Their excuse? "Oh, them low riding cars..." employee was fired and I was given 3/36 maintenance plan for free. Not a good trade.

Oh, man. That frackin’ sucks. Wonderful how people who f— things up think we’ll be grateful to get to use their services again.
That car was a total nightmare and I made that dealership miserable. I think I caused them more angst than they caused me, in the end, and never again will I buy a Chrysler of Japan.

Mine had 14 miles on it when I drove it home. That included about 7 or 8 miles I put on it during the test drive, I think it had 6 miles the first time I ever sat in the driver's seat.

Mine had 14 miles on it when I drove it home. That included about 7 or 8 miles I put on it during the test drive, I think it had 6 miles the first time I ever sat in the driver's seat.
Mine was delivered to the dealership with 5 miles on it. It was delivered to me with 38 miles on it becauyi was competing two dealerships in the same corporate family and one dealer was sure they had the sale and had it transferred (driven over) to them. Only to have the other dealer close for $1000+ lower and it had to be driven back.

View attachment 227098

Oh, so he's leaning against the pillar. I thought it looks like he was taking a leak on the front seat. Wouldn't take my car back there. LOL

Back