Lease Advice: 2020 CX-5 GT w/ PP

Has anyone leased 2020 CX-5 GT Trim with Premium Package recently in Seattle or Washington area?

What was your monthly payment/ overall expense? How much were you able to negotiate?

I live in Redmond and I am looking forward to lease with 0 down payment.
The best offered price amongst the 4 dealerships I approached today in person was $429 per month (non premium color, everything included).

Is this too high for the current situation? Could anyone get it under $400? Does anyone have experience with hiring a leasehackr? Does it work?

It sounds about right. Other details that matter are FWD/AWD and miles per year. I leased my 2019 Sport AWD exactly a year ago with 15,000 miles/year, the $625 activsense package (now standard with corresponding price increase) and $450 factory hitch and wiring harness, and Carplay module. I put 1000 down, promo was the first monthly payment covered, and full 6% sales tax is due at signing of the lease. My monthly payments are $335 x 35 (11,725) + $1000 = $12,725 to be able to drive the car for 3 years and put up to 45,000 miles on it. Your total payments are $15,444 by my calculation, for a higher trim level.

You did exactly what you should do, which is cross shop multiple dealers. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
We're in NY, so probably doesn't apply for your area but we just got my wife's 2020 CX-5 GT with Premium Package in Soul Red for $329 a month and paid $2200 at signing total. They also agreed to throw in the aftermarket remote start. Did the negotiating by email and lied about numbers given by other dealers, but believable and came to an agreement.

We're in NY, so probably doesn't apply for your area but we just got my wife's 2020 CX-5 GT with Premium Package in Soul Red for $329 a month and paid $2200 at signing total. They also agreed to throw in the aftermarket remote start. Did the negotiating by email and lied about numbers given by other dealers, but believable and came to an agreement.

That sounds like an amazing deal. Again, miles per year and FWD/AWD are important when comparing prices. So your total payments are 14,044 for a 3 year lease on a vehicle with a ~35K MSRP?

The loyalty rebate definitely helps, a 1,500 rebate, which it was in April/May, knocks $41.60 off your monthly payment, the current 750 loyalty rebate reduces it by $20.80.

Last edited:
You really need to look on leasehackr. I was reading a thread last night with amazing offers for Florida and surrounding states. They have the GTR for the kind of number you were quoted. They were almost giving CX-5's away a couple of months ago. As a reference I pay $350/mth including tax (about $328 without taxes) on a 36mth 12k lease for my 2019 GT PP (FWD). I only paid the first payment at signing. I would check leasehackr and see if your local dealer will match the deal they have.

Here is the quote from the thread:

All Taxes & Fees Included for FL Residents
–>
Pmt w/o Loyalty || Pmt w Loyalty || Pmt w Returning Mazda Lease
36/ 10k , $1999 DAS + 3MSDs
2020 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD $247 || $225 || $199
2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD $249 || $229 || $205
2020 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD $269 || $245 || $225
2020 Mazda CX-5 GTR $355 || $335 || $315

Last edited:
10k is a dealbreaker, but that is a good price on the GTR (355). What is the dealer offering this?

Oh, that's April, and a lease broker, at that. I wonder how they can offer below market prices? Seems a little sketchy.

If you read the thread it continues with offers each month. The ones I listed above are the August deals. They don't do new threads for each month they just continue the original thread on that forum. Leasehackr is a legitimate web site. Not sketchy at all. The deals they post are real and very possible.

Well, it's a little sketchy. Florida residents only (Any Mazda dealer can sell anywhere in the country), no dealer names, no names other than "AutoLeaseNinjas".

No business identity other than an anonymous forum name and a blank Facebook page. Not Sketchy at all.

edit: If anyone wants a Signature for 360/month, PM me. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. I just need 3 MSDs and 2,000 dollars up front.

Last edited:
After having leased a Toyota Tundra 4-door, I'd say don't lease.

Buy used. Look one or 2 y.o cars or leased cars turned in early.

I put an extra $3500 into the deal, up front to avoid "GAP" insurance, and thinking I'd get a little back at turn-in. Nope. After the first few months, it was worth less that what was owing on it. Had I had it stolen, I would have had to shell out another ~$3000 by the lease's end.
If you must lease, check into GAP insurance and add it to the monthly payment.

Yea, most new autos depreciate quickly the first 2 to 3 years but leasing at least to me, gives the option to see whether a car is worth it. If there are any major issues, you can at least return it at the end of the lease easily.

Something else you got me thinking, GAP used to be included for free on a lease when Mazda finance was through Chase. Now that it's through Toyota financial, do they include gap in the lease? I read in the past Toyota financial does not include gap for free on leases but that may have changed.

Back on the main topic...

I think $429 is a bit high for only a GT, that's the high range GT-R price. In April and May they had good rebates and deals and lots of dealers made larger discounts during the lockdowns. I haven't checked lately but good rebates + loyalty + discounts can drop the price significantly. Also Toyota financial offers MSDs now in order to lower the interest rate on a lease, there weren't any before with Chase.

Well, it's a little sketchy. Florida residents only (Any Mazda dealer can sell anywhere in the country), no dealer names, no names other than "AutoLeaseNinjas".

No business identity other than an anonymous forum name and a blank Facebook page. Not Sketchy at all.

edit: If anyone wants a Signature for 360/month, PM me. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. I just need 3 MSDs and 2,000 dollars up front.

Whatever dude. You really think folks are just sending money without having a car sitting in front of them? If it was a scam the thread would have been busted long before now. If it makes you comfortable paying more, go right ahead. I am just trying to help folks get better deals as they ARE out there.

Less paperwork and less hassle, if local (Florida) I guess. It's quite normal. Leasehakr has offers from dealers out of CA as well and they usually list CA and sometimes only border states. Like AZ or Nevada.

I don't know beans about leases other than it being the most expensive (I didn't say worst, don't jump on me) way to finance/buy/own or drive a car. But Google searches on leasehackr and aultoleaseninjas with the word scam or legit added yield no results that indicate that these are not legitimate companies.

Often times these offers on leasehakr come either from the dealer (a person working in the dealership) or from a person who can get good bulk discounts from a dealer, but the actual deal signing/docs,etc. is (in most cases that I know of) from the dealer and not from a shady company Xyz.

Of course due diligence is your best partner before doing the actual deal/giving out money, etc. That's why if you are in the same state you can go on site, etc.

I did some more looking into the company and they seem legit enough, I am just skeptical by nature. I would want to know who I'm dealing with.

Either way, 30k miles isn't much for 3 years of driving or many commutes. I don't want to have to worry about going over. But I would consider them if they could do higher mileage leases and beat the prices of multiple dealers.

Back