Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

I posted this on my bumper protector search thread, but I'll add it here/ Peel and stick, pretty durable bumper cover. $27.00 ebay. Made for CX-5, not generic. (mess in trunk/fixing irrigation leak)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to get a link for this? I have searched and all I find in the rolled peel and stick $9 ones, yours looks stiffer and will hold better against impact.

My first post here 😀👍 Blacked out some of the silver inside of the headlights. Baked the headlights in the oven to open, and reused the silicone and no issues so far. Blacked out the front grill as well. Have wheels on the way and H&R springs

Attachments

• InShot_20200801_200919510.jpg
    InShot_20200801_200919510.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 382
  • InShot_20200801_195939776.jpg
    InShot_20200801_195939776.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_20200728_181238_309.jpg
    IMG_20200728_181238_309.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 403
My first post here 😀👍 Blacked out some of the silver inside of the headlights. Baked the headlights in the oven to open, and reused the silicone and no issues so far. Blacked out the front grill as well. Have wheels on the way and H&R springs

I really like how you did the headlights, I did mine all graphite grey metallic aside from the clear piece and the reflector. Honestly the longest part was cleaning up the old silicone around the edges than it took to paint them. Overall yours was a better idea than mine was, the heat from my HID's melted the edges a little near the globe from the dark heating up quicker. Have you done anything to the tail lights? I ordered 50% film that should be arriving in the next few days. I was afraid anything else would be to dark on it for my taste.
IMG00928.JPGIMG00929.JPGIMG00944.JPG

Hi, new to the forum. Here is a picture or two of my slightly modded 2018 CX5 AWD. Going for the de-chromed look. Just added some 21" Alloys, now considering a lowering kit taking it down by 30mm ish
Looks clean, I really like it.

I really like how you did the headlights, I did mine all graphite grey metallic aside from the clear piece and the reflector. Honestly the longest part was cleaning up the old silicone around the edges than it took to paint them. Overall yours was a better idea than mine was, the heat from my HID's melted the edges a little near the globe from the dark heating up quicker. Have you done anything to the tail lights? I ordered 50% film that should be arriving in the next few days. I was afraid anything else would be to dark on it for my taste.
View attachment 226190View attachment 226191View attachment 226192
Thanx man! Yours looks great too, I should of used new silicone honestly, but figured I'm careful enough with projects that I could handle it. Time will tell lol so far so good though lol. I actually ordered some tint for the tail lights too that's funny. Think it's 40%? But don't remember (amazon). I'll post how it turned out too. Getting wheel spacers too while I wait on new wheels setup.

When you install them, slit the paper backing in the middle then apply from the center out, it's a little easier with 2 people to align it as you lay it down.
I received the bumper guard a couple of weeks ago. Sooner than I expected. However, it is much longer (length-wise) than the rear bumper. Did you trim the edges? Or I received the wrong product although it has the CX-5 print on the item.

Actual size. And with a very sharp edge I was able to pick up and peel off the "CX 5" I used what can best be described as a plastic razor blade.
IMG_20200820_152733.jpg

Last edited:
The product shipped to me is much longer. If I had to stretch it across the bumper, it would go close to the CX-5 sign on the left and Skyactiv symbol on the right of your vehicle. Looks like I may have to eat the cost, or down the road find someone competent to trim the rubber to fit. Thanks all the same.

The product shipped to me is much longer. If I had to stretch it across the bumper, it would go close to the CX-5 sign on the left and Skyactiv symbol on the right of your vehicle. Looks like I may have to eat the cost, or down the road find someone competent to trim the rubber to fit. Thanks all the same.

Did you order it off eBay as well? Usually you have the option to return the item or get a full/partial refund. In your case I'd fight to get a full refund, stating that it doesn't fit your vehicle as advertised. Then, assuming you don't have to mail it back, I'd attempt to trim the edges down with a box cutter before ordering a different item.

I did get it from eBay. I will take the item to my local auto detailing place a mile down the road next week and get their take on the matter. I had my car detailed (wash, wax, interior clean etc.), and the attendant was not confident enough to install. He said wait for the owner next Thursday as he was more experienced in these kind of things. So I will wait. Thanks for your input.

Just email them back. Tell them it's too big and doesn't fit. They will usually offer you something like 25% off to keep it

The product shipped to me is much longer. If I had to stretch it across the bumper, it would go close to the CX-5 sign on the left and Skyactiv symbol on the right of your vehicle.
The angle of my picture might have been deceiving. Here is a picture down the side even with the left and right side of my car. You can see, that it does indeed line up with what you mentioned, as far as the CX symbol and the skyactiv symbol. It's flexible enough that it follows the curved up with the side edges of the bumper. It actually has been laying down very nicely, and this is in a garage in Phoenix where it's 95 degrees, or a parking lot at the store when it's 115.

IMG_20200822_204057.jpg

IMG_20200822_204035.jpg

The angle of my picture might have been deceiving. Here is a picture down the side even with the left and right side of my car. You can see, that it does indeed line up with what you mentioned, as far as the CX symbol and the skyactiv symbol. It's flexible enough that it follows the curved up with the side edges of the bumper. It actually has been laying down very nicely, and this is in a garage in Phoenix where it's 95 degrees, or a parking lot at the store when it's 115.View attachment 226591View attachment 226592
Thanks for posting the pics. I most likely will hang on to it. I am nervous about trying to install it myself - so will get some help. Was it difficult bending it over the lip (the edge)?

Thanks for posting the pics. I most likely will hang on to it. I am nervous about trying to install it myself - so will get some help. Was it difficult bending it over the lip (the edge)?
Was no problem bending it over the lip The main part was kind of like laying pin-striping or masking tape. Getting it to meet up against where the horizontal (top) of the bumper turns up vertical, after it's laid down on he top of the bumper then just press on the back lip. There's a little give that you can pull it up again but it may loose some of it's adhesiveness. When laying on the top of the bumper it may be easier with 2 people one to hold it up while the other forms it on the bumper. It's not perfectly curved to fit but there is easily enough give to bend/curve it.

Rear oem mud guards gen-2 CX5 part no. KB7W-V3-460 arrived finally. Easy 15 min installation with 4 bolts and 1 min of cursing due to the lack of space between the rear tire and where 2 of the bolts go.

It doesn't show from the angle of the picture but they cover the rear wheels perfectly and are slim so that it looks nice.

20200822-131134.jpg

Last edited:
The angle of my picture might have been deceiving. Here is a picture down the side even with the left and right side of my car. You can see, that it does indeed line up with what you mentioned, as far as the CX symbol and the skyactiv symbol. It's flexible enough that it follows the curved up with the side edges of the bumper. It actually has been laying down very nicely, and this is in a garage in Phoenix where it's 95 degrees, or a parking lot at the store when it's 115.

View attachment 226591

View attachment 226592
Finally got the bumper guard installed. It looks decent. Let's see how it holds up a year from now, etc. Thanks for the follow-up.

Attachments

• 94309.jpg
    94309.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 297
Back