What did you pay for your CX-5?

Yikes! It's possible they might have some OEM wheels they can put on for you at cost
Yikes is right. I'm not too hopeful because they aren't even a certified Mazda dealer, it was a trade in at a VW dealer but I did ask. Feels bad man, I thought maybe I had found the one for me.

I could see the aftermarket wheels being the reason for the price. There is the potential that the tires are poor performers as well. As hal2 said, see if the dealer can locate an OEM set. If they can't, you can call up a Mazda dealer and see if they have any factory take-offs they can sell you. If you don't have any luck with the dealers, and you're only interested in the OEM wheel style and don't want to mess with replacing them yourself, I would still consider the car after test driving it to make sure the tires are adequate (though I know a test drive may be hard to accomplish since it's 2 hours away). Wheels can be replaced for a set you like later down the road, for less than $2k (and that's on the high side).

They put up pictures of the 30k 2019 signature w/ 20k miles I was looking at which I thought was a good deal and a few people here seemed to agree. Its also nice that its in a color I want but it looks like the wheels are not oem and they frankly look ugly. What are my best options here? I'm waiting for a response from the dealer on what they are but I'm a little torn now. Picture for reference:

Is this perhaps a justification for getting it down to 28k or is that why its already so low? I feel like I would definitely want new wheels preferably the oem's but I have no idea if thats possible.

Have you received their "E-Price" quote yet? $30k seems a little high to me, especially without the factory wheels. I would offer $28k and buy these wheels that are listed in the marketplace: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...tory-wheels-tires-sensors-flawless.123870273/

Here's the complete listing of the vehicle, with its Auto Check report linked: https://www.sutliffvolkswagen.com/i...nature-awd-4d-sport-utility-jm3kfbey9k0508298

It doesn't show any service history, so I would have it checked by a mechanic if you're still interested in it. My vehicles don't show much in service history, since I do oil changes and other easily serviceable items myself. So, no history is not always a negative.

I am in the market for a 2020 CX-5 GT AWD in white. I went to a dealer (NYC located) and they would not budge off of MSRP. After the test drive, sat down with the guy and gave $33,200. The only add ons the car had was wheel locks and mats. I asked if they could do any better and he let me walk.

It's easier to shop via the phone or email quotes. Lots of places with ripoff pricing. I was willing to make a deal with where I test drove my CX-5 the first time, but they weren't willing to deal.

I am in the market for a 2020 CX-5 GT AWD in white. I went to a dealer (NYC located) and they would not budge off of MSRP. After the test drive, sat down with the guy and gave $33,200. The only add ons the car had was wheel locks and mats. I asked if they could do any better and he let me walk.

UN-F'ing Beliveable, Yikes! Did that include heir DOC

I'm guessing there was some other dealer add-on, as my Mazda build number is only $32,875

GT AWD 31,445
Destination 1045
White 200
Wheel lock 60
Floor Mats 125

Last edited:
It's easier to shop via the phone or email quotes. Lots of places with ripoff pricing. I was willing to make a deal with where I test drove my CX-5 the first time, but they weren't willing to deal.

^^^This.

Call up and say you're ready to come in tomorrow morning/this evening if he can sell it to you for $XX,XXX. At least you'll have a starting point. After talking to 2 or 3 dealers you'll get a consensus at to what they can sell the car for

Google NY Mazda dealers and check their inventory.

This dealer has several. Maybe call and see if he wants to part with one of them, though based on their MSRP they either have the PP or their own dealer BS paint shields and other 'stuff'

Road Trip to Arizona? White GT - AWD for $30,105

Or a Black GT-R for $33,200?

Last edited:
Road Trip to Arizona? ...

As I read some of these posts about high prices in a certain area I think the same thing ... Buy it somewhere else. 500 miles away, 1500 miles no problem if I'm saving a couple grand that equals a free road trip in my book 😊 . For the NYC guys .. If a dealer in North Carolina will sell you the same car for 2k less, rent a car (they're cheap right now) and go get it :) A new car is just a commodity. They're the same in WV or CT or where ever.

Road Trip to Arizona? White GT - AWD for $30,105

Or a Black GT-R for $33,200?

Are those prices after $1,500 customer cash?

As I read some of these posts about high prices in a certain area I think the same thing ... Buy it somewhere else. 500 miles away, 1500 miles no problem if I'm saving a couple grand that equals a free road trip in my book 😊 . For the NYC guys .. If a dealer in North Carolina will sell you the same car for 2k less, rent a car (they're cheap right now) and go get it :) A new car is just a commodity. They're the same in WV or CT or where ever.
I will keep you guys updated. Going to email/call dealers in the 50 mile radius first. Just wanted to update on how one dealership in person wouldn't budge. Fingers crossed I can get a deal somewhere

Mine was 3 months ago, you can see my prior posts as I think people are getting sick of me mentioning how I stole one. But anyway, discounts on higher level, GT & above, especially with AWD seem to be very slim, as are the availability of the cars

Has anyone recently made a deal on a new 2020 Mazda CX-5 Signature? I want to see what deals people are getting
Bought my GTR 4 wd last month for $32,200 plus tx and lisc. I got all their incentives and the deal because I know the owner of the dealership. I doubt you can get that price but at least it's a number you can go off of.

Last edited:
I believe the issue right now with high prices is simply the age old "supply & demand" equation. Dealer stock seems low so more competition for what is available. I can't blame dealerships for trying to get top dollar if they can, that's just the game.

If I was in need of a new car right now I think I would wait for the market to improve with more supply. If I couldn't wait, I would probably try to find something used that I felt like was a good enough deal to get me through to a future time when market improves and I could trade or sell without a big loss. I hear with rental company implosion there are good deals from their rental fleets to be had.

Just my thoughts. YMMV

This may not apply here because this was a 'used' vehicle *and* a private party sale, but:

2019 CX-5 GTR w/Navigation
3000 miles
$28,500 (no other fees as this was a private party)

Tax and title in my state will bump that up a bit over $30,000.

The previous owner works from home and his wife took public transportation most days to work, and then the pandemic caused them to barely drive it, hence the low mileage. They were moving out of state and were willing to discount the price so as not to have to ship the car across the country.

And remember all, you still get the remainder of a factory warranty no matter from whom you by the car. If the above car is within KBB range I'd have no hesitation buying it.

Back