What did you pay for your CX-5?

Strange . . . many Portland, OR & Vancouver area Mazda dealers have ZERO signatures, some have only one or two. Not very many certified upper trim levels as well.

Agreed, you would think the opposite case if the CX-5 is all built in Japan. The West Coast should have a larger presence due to proximity alone. OTOH that area may be seeing a larger buy rate for the Sigs hence they are off the dealer lots before you know it.

I just found it curious to have spotted 9 Signatures between two local dealers that I walked around yesterday, with only a 10 mile distance between them. There was none to be found at either lot a month back.

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on one if I just had some indication on what additions MY21 will have, however minor, being the last for Gen 3.

Minor facelifts on the '21 only likely, if even that. You would have heard about more by now otherwise.

Your salesman's "done" even before you could finish your offer made you feel you should have asked for more. But it doesn't look too bad. Do you mind the name of dealership?
Koeppel Mazda in queens. When I went to look at the car there were more CX5s on the lot than anything else. I guess it’s a big seller.

Not many signatures in my area but found one 2 hours away, a 2019 Signature w/ 20k Miles that was a trade in listed at ~30k. Is that a reasonable price? What should I try to get this down to. Could I get this at 30k OTD?

@dc0usa

Wonderful first post. How about some more details?
1) what part of the world are you in? Down to the city.

high level the car MSRP was ~$38,000

30K now is 21% off retail (oh boy! /sarcasm)
math? https://www.geteasysolution.com/30-is-what-percent-of-38

OTD - how in the world can we help you without knowledge of WHERE you live taxes/fees?
Ha I've lurked on this thread for sometime now. I'm in northern VA (near DC) but this dealership is in PA (USA obviously). Generally taxes/fees on cars I've looked at in the 26-30 range are ~2k so that's what I'm expecting. In other words I guess getting their online price from 30 to 28 is what I meant from 30 OTD but I'm not sure if thats pushing my luck or overpaying, especially considering low inventory.

Koeppel Mazda in queens. When I went to look at the car there were more CX5s on the lot than anything else. I guess it’s a big seller.

How were they to work with at that dealership? I am looking at their site and might inquire about one of their CX 5s soon. I am located in NYC as well

I would take that $30,000 Signature if it's here.

Here in Pacific North West, CX-5s in higher trim are getting scarce. Either selling fast(doubt that) or in short supply? A few low mileage used 2019 Signatures are being offered for $33,000 and up, lowest priced GT-R is $31,213. Mazda extended $1,500 customer cash offer for CX-5 purchase but it doesn't look like a good time to shop for a CX-5. Mazda just resumed full production on Aug 1st, we'll see the newly produced 2020s hit dealership showrooms later this month.

Not many signatures in my area but found one 2 hours away, a 2019 Signature w/ 20k Miles that was a trade in listed at ~30k. Is that a reasonable price? What should I try to get this down to. Could I get this at 30k OTD?

Yes, grab that $30k Signaure

No, $30K OTD means at minimum $28K sales price - not do-able IMO

Edit/Re-thinking. It's had for me to be objective. While I'm not rich, I am able to spend an extra $5,000 if I want. Auto Trader has some dealers are listing 2020 signatures for under $36,000, which to me means that someone playing hardball can get it for $35,000, dunno So, a new 2020 with 0 miles as opposed to 20k miles for maybe $5,000 more might be worth it, without regard to whether or not it's a sound financial choice - again dunno🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I would take that $30,000 Signature if it's here.

Here in Pacific North West, CX-5s in higher trim are getting scarce. Either selling fast(doubt that) or in short supply? A few low mileage used 2019 Signatures are being offered for $33,000 and up, lowest priced GT-R is $31,213. Mazda extended $1,500 customer cash offer for CX-5 purchase but it doesn't look like a good time to shop for a CX-5. Mazda just resumed full production on Aug 1st, we'll see the newly produced 2020s hit dealership showrooms later this month.
Some Seattle area dealers will move a bit. But, yeah, not much on the Signatures. I know it's coming from someone trying to sell them, but all I talked were consistent in saying they were not getting any more 2020 Signature models in and that it'd be Oct/Nov for 21's to show up. I have some doubt about the correctness of that, just more passing it along.

Apparently they have sold them pretty well. At least 5 of the Signature models, across 3 dealerships, I was looking at sold as I was working to find the best deal. My search started 2nd week of July.

Hi everyone, new car buyer here looking to purchase a new 2020 CX-5 with PP & Machine Gray in the Illinois, Chicagoland area

I'm quite unmotivated in my past two days of going to 5 dealerships. MSRP is 31,007 + TTL and each dealership had at least 1 in stock (one location even has 7 of the exact same I wanted in stock). Every single location besides 1, the manager came in, greeted us, and told us the price we want (28k OTD) will never happen. The lowest I was able to get offered was 27k + TTL (30k OTD) and that was because "we have to honor the True Car price".

I honestly thought COVID would benefit us as customers rather than making it difficult to negotiate at all. Most managers stood by their online price which was 2k off MSRP including the $1500 incentive.

Any useful info would be awesome here :) What should I realistically pay for a CX-5 Touring PP in times like this? Is it better to wait for things to go back to normal?

EDIT: The one dealership who offered $30,500 OTD would not budge at all. I informed the manager I will pick the vehicle up in 20 minutes if we can agree on $30,000 OTD, and he couldn't do it. Welp

Last edited:
How were they to work with at that dealership? I am looking at their site and might inquire about one of their CX 5s soon. I am located in NYC as well
The sales part of it was good. When I looked at the car I noticed an issue with the GPS. It kept rebooting seems like a corrupt SD card because once the sd card is removed the radio stops rebooting. My computer also does not recognize the SD card. I’ve been emailing since Monday because they told me they’ll fix it that it probably just needs an update. Today is Wednesday and I still haven’t heard back from the sales guy. I called and his mailbox was full, emailed and he hasn’t responded. I spoke to the service department and they said to talk to him first if not the service manager will see what he can do to move this along. So the experience hasn’t been that great so far.

Hi everyone, new car buyer here looking to
EDIT: The one dealership who offered $30,500 OTD would not budge at all. I informed the manager I will pick the vehicle up in 20 minutes if we can agree on $30,000 OTD, and he couldn't do it. Welp
FWIW, I may be naive, but that pretty much tells me is that truly was the lowest he could go, based on what he had invested in the car

FWIW, I may be naive, but that pretty much tells me is that truly was the lowest he could go, based on what he had invested in the car

That's what I'm assuming, but I'm wondering if it's because Supply is low and Demand is high.

I'm not in a rush to buy, but I really don't know if this is a fair price to pay. If this is a price I'll get 3 months from now, I might as well buy it now. The deal essentially is 11.3% off MSRP.

I’m in the same boat, “need” a car when I return to working in the office but that will likely be another 4-5 months, supply and demand is all messed up right now in the car business, so I’m going to wait it out myself.

@ScriptJunkie Based on my recent purchasing experience, I think you're getting a decent deal. You're at about 13% off MSRP (27000/31005) before TTL, and anything above 10% is decent. In this thread people are usually comparing their % off MSRP before TTL, not after.
St. Louis Area
2020 CX-5 Touring AWD with PP in Black
MSRP $30,705
True car listed as $28,439 (7.3%)
Asked for $26,100. After a few days of polite back and forth over email/text, we agreed on $26,500 (13.7%) in cash + TTL, delivered to my home

@ScriptJunkie Based on my recent purchasing experience, I think you're getting a decent deal. You're at about 13% off MSRP (27000/31005) before TTL, and anything above 10% is decent. In this thread people are usually comparing their % off MSRP before TTL, not after.

Thanks for the info! Decided against the PP. I know you mentioned anything above 10% is good, but is that before or after the rebate?

This is a 2020 CX-5 Touring Dark Blue No Preferred Package.

Best Price I've gotten so far:

$29,300 MSRP
$27,4XX Selling Price
-$1500 Rebate
$25,9XX Subtotal

Which puts me at 6% off MSRP before rebate and 11.3% off MSRP after rebate.

What do y'all think? Is this is satisfying deal, or should I squeeze more out of them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Decided against the PP. I know you mentioned anything above 10% is good, but is that before or after the rebate?

This is a 2020 CX-5 Touring Dark Blue No Preferred Package.

Best Price I've gotten so far:

$29,300 MSRP
$27,4XX Selling Price
-$1500 Rebate
$25,9XX Subtotal

Which puts me at 6% off MSRP before rebate and 11.3% off MSRP after rebate.

What do y'all think? Is this is satisfying deal, or should I squeeze more out of them.
Yes anything above 10% is considered a good deal, and that also includes all manufacture rebates. Normally lower-end models such as Touring and Sport with no optional packages have even less room to negotiate. In your case 11.3% off MSRP after rebate before TTL, $25,9XX for a CX-5 Touring looks good to me. Of course you can always try to squeeze more out of them, but just don’t expect too much. You should watch for dealer-installed options and doc fee if any during the negotiation.

They put up pictures of the 30k 2019 signature w/ 20k miles I was looking at which I thought was a good deal and a few people here seemed to agree. Its also nice that its in a color I want but it looks like the wheels are not oem and they frankly look ugly. What are my best options here? I'm waiting for a response from the dealer on what they are but I'm a little torn now. Picture for reference:

Is this perhaps a justification for getting it down to 28k or is that why its already so low? I feel like I would definitely want new wheels preferably the oem's but I have no idea if thats possible.

Back