Seeking Weather Tech Feedback

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Was thinking about the weather tech mats for the driver and passenger side. Have 2020 GTR. I could not verify whether the driver's side mat was designed to protect the dead man pedal for the left foot. Was surprised that Mazda carpets that instead of using something more durable. Would like to hear from anyone that is using these on their 2019/2020 CX-5. Thank you.

Go with the Husky, better coverage, less money. See my Husky thread

Thank you - I definitely want a liner that covers the dead man foot rest completely. Looks like a good choice and for less $ than weather tech. They have a lot more advertising cost than Husky so I guess they build that into their price.

Maxpider 3D,covers the dead pedal,perfect fit,less industrial looking,highly recommend.Got my fronts,can’t comment on rears.Got mine at Auto Anyhing,read reviews on website...BTW the Canadian OE mats are manufactered by Maxpider..

@Steve88

Plenty of information here on the floor mats. @hal2 already linked one thread.

Here is another:

The knowledge sharing document is gonna be your friend as a new owner. Plus maybe this thread:

and

Thank you - I definitely want a liner that covers the dead man foot rest completely. Looks like a good choice and for less $ than weather tech. They have a lot more advertising cost than Husky so I guess they build that into their price.
I’ve installed Weather Tech on the past three cars I owned a Jaguar XK-8, a first and second generation Acura RDX. Now i got the Mazda CX-5 I bought a set of carpet protectors and a cargo mat. They are not as high quality as the other sets, they are thinner, and show scuff marks, I called customer service and they said they’d changed the composition to make them seem less industrial. If I’m on a dirt trail or snow I want an industrial design. I’ve already swapped out the cargo mat, and I’m expecting the passenger side mat will be next. Not a happy customer.

Maxpider 3D,covers the dead pedal,perfect fit,less industrial looking,highly recommend.Got my fronts,can’t comment on rears.Got mine at Auto Anyhing,read reviews on website...BTW the Canadian OE mats are manufactered by Maxpider..
i got them for my 2019 touring / front & rear ..love them....mainly because of the laser tight high fit but also the mat - very light but looks and feels so much better on the feet..not that heavy rubbery off road truck look...more high tech / carbony... i will upload pics this weekend

Not a Mazda, but we've had Weathertech mats in our 4runner since 2012. No issues ever, perfect fit, they don't slide around, and they really do catch spilled sodas and stuff.

Have W/T's in my wifes car and we hate them for the reasons mentioned. Hard plastic, they look cheap, they are slippery when wet and they stain. I got Maxpider for my 2016 GX-5 and when I got a 2020 DX5 a couple months ago, I got the Mazda Canadian mats. Could not be happier with either set. If I wouldn't have wasted so much money on the Weathertechs in my wifes car I would replace them with Maxpiders.
cCbUUKw.jpg

Have W/T's in my wifes car and we hate them for the reasons mentioned. Hard plastic, they look cheap, they are slippery when wet and they stain. I got Maxpider for my 2016 GX-5 and when I got a 2020 DX5 a couple months ago, I got the Mazda Canadian mats. Could not be happier with either set. If I wouldn't have wasted so much money on the Weathertechs in my wifes car I would replace them with Maxpiders.
cCbUUKw.jpg
I also have the Mazda Canadian mats (and the same metal pedal covers) pictured above & am pleased with both as well. From what I've read in this forum, Maxpider makes the Mazda Canadian mats.

I vote for MAXpider Kagu floor liners. I own the complete set — front, rear, and cargo area.

They look amazing (not ugly rubber you’d expect in a work truck), cover everything, and ship without odd bends and kinks (at least in the set I purchased).

The cargo tray folds sensibly along the cargo area seams (meaning, allowing normal access the two corner bins and the spare tire compartment); and also folds longitudinally in the middle which makes damage-free shipping and installation far easier (than compared to, for example, the ugly rubber OEM mat that does none of these things).
86B490C4-862F-4338-A38B-216E7AF996EC.jpeg
AFFBFFF5-2E06-4D28-B110-EEB44D593109.jpeg
CE0A2911-A94D-4617-9921-E333A81AF056.jpeg
2B2D3A1A-16FD-4C04-93C8-70359E40218E.jpeg
1FDE0380-D798-40EC-8A18-AFA3D6792B2D.jpeg
565C825F-8477-4E03-9AD3-7B68D7689CA3.jpeg
234CAE51-941B-4249-ADB0-DDC204407D8F.jpeg
B3A7D335-9CC1-406B-BD6E-20C5E885DD3E.jpeg
20F144C0-D413-4CFC-B681-1E21D5F9F44A.jpeg

98DD56B3-BFCD-44FE-9A54-C2F65EBD812C.jpeg

Last edited:
ditto on the above Davidoit, also even the weather tech and husky's have that heavy duty rubber look. so if that it what someone needs and is going for that is a great option. but also for me the under the foot feel is so much better with MAX's ..but hey they ( the top ones) are pretty much better then the OEM one (from my homework) and it is really is a personal and subjective choice,,,,

Was thinking about the weather tech mats for the driver and passenger side. Have 2020 GTR. I could not verify whether the driver's side mat was designed to protect the dead man pedal for the left foot. Was surprised that Mazda carpets that instead of using something more durable. Would like to hear from anyone that is using these on their 2019/2020 CX-5. Thank you.
In answer to your question, I have the 2020 WT laser cuts and they do cover the dead man but only about half way up. They seem to be using a material with a more rubbery feel than the ones I last bought 6+ years ago. I was a little disappointed that the lips don't cover as much of the side carpets as my last set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added photos of my 3D MAXpider Kagu front and rear floorliners and cargo tray to my previous post. 2020 CX-5. Perfect fit; except maybe the back seat liners could extend a little further under the front seats — but hardly a deal breaker, as they cover what I need to when put items down on the floor back there.

Vote for MAXpider Kagu floor liners. I own the complete set — front, rear, and cargo area.

They look amazing (not ugly rubber you’d expect in a work truck), cover everything, and ship without odd bends and kinks (at least in the set I purchased).

The cargo tray folds sensibly along the cargo area seams (meaning, allowing normal access the two corner bins and the spare tire compartment); and also folds longitudinally in the middle which makes damage-free shipping and installation far easier (than compared to, for example, the ugly rubber OEM mat that does none of these things).
View attachment 227038View attachment 227039View attachment 227040View attachment 227041View attachment 227042View attachment 227043View attachment 227044View attachment 227045View attachment 227046
got them too ...front and rear...really like them...i did not need the cargo tray..oem came with it

I added photos of my 3D MAXpider Kagu front and rear floorliners and cargo tray to my previous post. 2020 CX-5. Perfect fit; except maybe the back seat liners could extend a little further under the front seats — but hardly a deal breaker, as they cover what I need to when put items down on the floor back there.
Appreciate the pics and detailed descriptions. I ordered the Canadian mats for front and rear, 'cause I like the idea of the Mazda logos :) and also the Maxpider Kagu mats are hard to find in black right now. But I really like the Maxpider cargo mat, so I ordered that to go with the Mazda Canada mats.

Appreciate the pics and detailed descriptions. I ordered the Canadian mats for front and rear, 'cause I like the idea of the Mazda logos :) and also the Maxpider Kagu mats are hard to find in black right now. But I really like the Maxpider cargo mat, so I ordered that to go with the Mazda Canada mats.

Nice! I wish I could have gotten the Mazda-branded Canadian front-row liners myself; but I couldn’t make myself pay the (at the time very significant) premium for the whole set vs the non-branded versions — and I couldn’t buy just the non-branded rear row from 3D (via AutoAnything or anyone else) ... it was all or nothing.

Can anyone tel me how the Maxpiders clean up compared to the Husky. They look great in the above pics, but it looks in the picture like they're textured and wouldn't clean up as nice.

Back